Sign in with
Your question

Ram "overclocking" and AI Suite

Last response: in Overclocking
November 14, 2012 11:06:05 AM

Hello

According to my Bios my memory is running at 1333mhz when it's supposed to be 1600mhz.
Using : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9 Kit w/2x 4GB XMS3 modules, CL9-9-9-24, 1.5V
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
For me the answer was just to change it to 1600mhz in my Bios, but i read that changing this while having AI Suite installed could be a problem.

So what im wondering is, if someone is that familiar with my components and AI Suite, will this only be an issue if i use the overclocking features in AI Suite?
Both my ram and CPU is only overclocked manually through the Bios, i only use AI Suite for Fan Xpert 3, USB Charger+, USB 3 boost-something and the Sensors.

More about : ram overclocking suite

November 15, 2012 2:36:21 PM

jarlsuki said:
Hello

According to my Bios my memory is running at 1333mhz when it's supposed to be 1600mhz.
Using : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9 Kit w/2x 4GB XMS3 modules, CL9-9-9-24, 1.5V
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
For me the answer was just to change it to 1600mhz in my Bios, but i read that changing this while having AI Suite installed could be a problem.

So what im wondering is, if someone is that familiar with my components and AI Suite, will this only be an issue if i use the overclocking features in AI Suite?
Both my ram and CPU is only overclocked manually through the Bios, i only use AI Suite for Fan Xpert 3, USB Charger+, USB 3 boost-something and the Sensors.

You can set your memory to XMP in the bios which should set it at 1600mhz

I have the same memory and a P8P67 pro board
if you set your bclk from 100 to 103.02 your memory will run at a faster rate.
I have my I5 2500k ver clocked to 5.1 ghz
103.02 x 49 ... you need good cooling but even when i was using an air cooler i could get 4.5 ghz
I use the Ai sute too just disable the parts you dont use in the settings tab
a b } Memory
a c 150 K Overclocking
November 15, 2012 3:07:38 PM

XMP Profiles....?
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
November 15, 2012 3:16:17 PM

You need to go into your motherboard's BIOS to set the ram speeds at 1600. Its very easy. just select the XMP profile then select your speed at 1600. All current ram defaults at1333 until you manually set the speeds in the BIOS
November 16, 2012 3:56:05 AM

I tried changing it to 1600mhz after choosing an XMP profile, but it made the system a bit unstable. Games crash half the time, i get "Explorer.exe has stopped working" and the option to restore is (wich works but, still it can't be a good sign*. I haven't changed the Voltage though, should i? It's on 1.500 now
I see the guy on the youtube link that gatekeeper posted changing voltage, timings, enable Extreme OV. should i do the same?
As in increasing voltage, changing timings to 9-10-9-27 and changing the CPU Ratio
November 16, 2012 4:58:02 PM

jarlsuki said:
I tried changing it to 1600mhz after choosing an XMP profile, but it made the system a bit unstable. Games crash half the time, i get "Explorer.exe has stopped working" and the option to restore is (wich works but, still it can't be a good sign*. I haven't changed the Voltage though, should i? It's on 1.500 now
I see the guy on the youtube link that gatekeeper posted changing voltage, timings, enable Extreme OV. should i do the same?
As in increasing voltage, changing timings to 9-10-9-27 and changing the CPU Ratio

Each processor is individual and wont neccesarly do what another of the same model can
same applies to the ram you have to kind of play with it in small stages to see what works and what doesnt .
BEWARE dont make drastic changes or this could lead to dammaging you ram or system

Its a long process of elimination and finding what works and what doesnt with your specific hardware
!