Http://www tomshardware com/forum/259091-30-will-motherboard-work-dell-dimension

LostandLearning

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Hello,
The motherboard on my dell dimension stopped working. I can get the computer to start but it hangs up once windows xp starts. It has bulging caps. I heard there were two motherboards for the 4700. Not sure which one I need but I have E210882 CN-OM3918-70821 Intel REVA03 SL7AG. I found 4700C motherboard and some that don't specify. Does it matter? If so, can you tell what I need?

Well, the 1st thing is to make sure what form factor. ATX or micro atx? I'm not going to look up this stuff for you, but if you put your PC serial number in the search engine at Dell support or the model name it will come up with the info you need.

You need to find out which chipset you're using, CPU, ram etc. Then search for a motherboard with the same chipset and ensure your CPU, ram is approved for use with this board.

Its possible if the motherboard has all the same stuff, you can simply swap boards and be back in business.
I recommend you do a fresh install however as it will be the best way to eliminate any problems when adding a new motherboard.

It sounds like this 4700C board would work, but without knowing the details I can't be certain if its a revision or a completely different mobo.