CM Hyper N520

I am not very familiar with fans & cooling, so I've just decided to make a thread about this
I am planning to buy a i5 3470 soon (Building a new computer), but the thing is is that I HATE the look of the Intel stock cooler. It looks terrible and I've heard it doesn't keep your CPU very cool. So, I have decided to search for a cheap CPU cooler, and I found the Cooler Master Hyper N520. It's small, looks good, and is small. I won't be doing any overclocking (Not that I can).

So, my question is, is it worth it to spend the extra $30 for the cooler? How different are the temps? I'm on a not-so-flexible budget (Trying to keep under $1000 for EVERYTHING) so If it isn't worth buying, I guess I'll make do with the stock cooler. Thanks,
2 answers Last reply
More about hyper n520
  1. The stock cooler is good enough for your CPU.

The performance is good enough for the price of "free."

If you want to keep everything under $1000, I'd rather have you spend money on where it counts.
  2. BreadWhistle said:
    I am not very familiar with fans & cooling, so I've just decided to make a thread about this
    I am planning to buy a i5 3470 soon (Building a new computer), but the thing is is that I HATE the look of the Intel stock cooler. It looks terrible and I've heard it doesn't keep your CPU very cool. So, I have decided to search for a cheap CPU cooler, and I found the Cooler Master Hyper N520. It's small, looks good, and is small. I won't be doing any overclocking (Not that I can).

So, my question is, is it worth it to spend the extra $30 for the cooler? How different are the temps? I'm on a not-so-flexible budget (Trying to keep under $1000 for EVERYTHING) so If it isn't worth buying, I guess I'll make do with the stock cooler. Thanks,

overkill if you're not going to oc , i jut got an $18.00 logiysis mc3002gx that drpped my temps 20 degrees c from stock cooler . Went from 32c idle to 21c and at 100%cpu usage went from 62c to 42 c , overclocked @3.9 temps are 32c idle 53c 100% cpu usage , could not oc with stock heatsink .
    So if you;re on a tight budget consider this cooler , oh and it is dead silent
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Overclocking