Sign in with
Your question

CM Hyper N520

Last response: in Overclocking
November 15, 2012 12:32:50 AM

I am not very familiar with fans & cooling, so I've just decided to make a thread about this
I am planning to buy a i5 3470 soon (Building a new computer), but the thing is is that I HATE the look of the Intel stock cooler. It looks terrible and I've heard it doesn't keep your CPU very cool. So, I have decided to search for a cheap CPU cooler, and I found the Cooler Master Hyper N520. It's small, looks good, and is small. I won't be doing any overclocking (Not that I can).

So, my question is, is it worth it to spend the extra $30 for the cooler? How different are the temps? I'm on a not-so-flexible budget (Trying to keep under $1000 for EVERYTHING) so If it isn't worth buying, I guess I'll make do with the stock cooler. Thanks,

More about : hyper n520

a c 150 K Overclocking
November 15, 2012 1:22:15 AM

The stock cooler is good enough for your CPU.

The performance is good enough for the price of "free."

If you want to keep everything under $1000, I'd rather have you spend money on where it counts.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 15, 2012 4:13:00 AM

BreadWhistle said:
I am not very familiar with fans & cooling, so I've just decided to make a thread about this
I am planning to buy a i5 3470 soon (Building a new computer), but the thing is is that I HATE the look of the Intel stock cooler. It looks terrible and I've heard it doesn't keep your CPU very cool. So, I have decided to search for a cheap CPU cooler, and I found the Cooler Master Hyper N520. It's small, looks good, and is small. I won't be doing any overclocking (Not that I can).

So, my question is, is it worth it to spend the extra $30 for the cooler? How different are the temps? I'm on a not-so-flexible budget (Trying to keep under $1000 for EVERYTHING) so If it isn't worth buying, I guess I'll make do with the stock cooler. Thanks,

overkill if you're not going to oc , i jut got an $18.00 logiysis mc3002gx that drpped my temps 20 degrees c from stock cooler . Went from 32c idle to 21c and at 100%cpu usage went from 62c to 42 c , overclocked @3.9 temps are 32c idle 53c 100% cpu usage , could not oc with stock heatsink .
So if you;re on a tight budget consider this cooler , oh and it is dead silent
m
l
!