Sign in with
Your question

New Build ASUS Rampage III Formula

Last response: in Motherboards
September 23, 2010 1:51:18 PM

I just put a desktop computer together around the beginning of September. My specs are below. Everything was running fine up until 2 days ago. I have Win 7 64bit OS. I installed a Logitech g930 headset and did a windows update. The Headset had issues installing, but I got it working in the end. Since then I've received 2 BSODs. The first BSOD was when I was shutting down there was the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT message. The 2nd BSOD was when I was transferring files to a removable disk, I received a BAD_POOL_HEADER error. I've run the windows memory diagnostic and
anti-vurus. Neither came up with errors.

I'm wondering if it could have been the drivers? What steps and further diagnostics can I run to pinpoint the problem? Any help would be awesome.

My Specs (All are stock settings):
ASUS Rampage III Formula
Intel i7 950 Bloomfield 3.06 Ghz
G. Skill 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit
EVGA GTX 470 Super-clocked
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
September 24, 2010 2:15:56 AM

Have the same mobo and cpu set up was just curious have you had any luck with your creative software suite installing ? I install it but says there are no supported devices...
sorry for the side track.

I would system restore to a point before installing windows update and driver and see how that goes as a process of elimination. How have you attached your removable disk? If usb 3.0 then i suggest getting the updated drivers for your marvell sata controller. Had a similar problem but new driver was an easy fix...

good luck..
September 24, 2010 3:42:43 PM

I haven't had any issues installing the creative suite software. I believe I d/l'ed direct from the ASUS site.

I'm thinking my issue is pertaining to the new headset. I will try restoring to a previous date. I attached the removable dist through a front panel USB. I'll try updating the Marvell Sata controller drivers as well. Did you pull direct off the ASUS site?
September 27, 2010 6:02:12 PM

Over the weekend I changed the memory profile in the BIOS from Auto to XMP. That seems to have fixed my issue.
!