New Build ASUS Rampage III Formula

I just put a desktop computer together around the beginning of September. My specs are below. Everything was running fine up until 2 days ago. I have Win 7 64bit OS. I installed a Logitech g930 headset and did a windows update. The Headset had issues installing, but I got it working in the end. Since then I've received 2 BSODs. The first BSOD was when I was shutting down there was the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT message. The 2nd BSOD was when I was transferring files to a removable disk, I received a BAD_POOL_HEADER error. I've run the windows memory diagnostic and
anti-vurus. Neither came up with errors.

I'm wondering if it could have been the drivers? What steps and further diagnostics can I run to pinpoint the problem? Any help would be awesome.

My Specs (All are stock settings):
ASUS Rampage III Formula
Intel i7 950 Bloomfield 3.06 Ghz
G. Skill 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit
EVGA GTX 470 Super-clocked
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
3 answers Last reply
More about build asus rampage formula
  1. Have the same mobo and cpu set up was just curious have you had any luck with your creative software suite installing ? I install it but says there are no supported devices...
    sorry for the side track.

I would system restore to a point before installing windows update and driver and see how that goes as a process of elimination. How have you attached your removable disk? If usb 3.0 then i suggest getting the updated drivers for your marvell sata controller. Had a similar problem but new driver was an easy fix...

good luck..
  2. I haven't had any issues installing the creative suite software. I believe I d/l'ed direct from the ASUS site.

I'm thinking my issue is pertaining to the new headset. I will try restoring to a previous date. I attached the removable dist through a front panel USB. I'll try updating the Marvell Sata controller drivers as well. Did you pull direct off the ASUS site?
  3. Over the weekend I changed the memory profile in the BIOS from Auto to XMP. That seems to have fixed my issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards