Does the KFA2 GTX 670 OC 2GB have a reference PCB design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulin6

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
Hello, I'm looking to water cool my KFA2 GTX 670 OC (not the EX OC) 2GB graphics card.
http://www.kfa2.com/GTX670_OC.shtml

I know the KFA2 GTX 670 has a reference PCB design and the KFA2 GTC 670 EX OC is a custom PCB design, but I can't find whether the KFA2 GTX 670 OC version is reference or custom. Does anyone know whether this card has a reference PCB design or is it custom?

Solution
We try not to comment on things we are unsure about. I spent a few hours trying to find out for you but did not come out with anything usefully.

You need to do some research about disassembling the pcb from the heat sink I do this my self all the time. so it is 95% safe, however make sure your grounded, fast simple way is to touch your case every few minuets, so you don't short out the card. know that if you have a warranty it will be void after.

after you have taken it apart you can compare to the reference photos witch you can find in goggle, if your unsure post a picutre here after.

Again be carefully if you decide to do this.

Good luck
-Qundel

thequn

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2012
We try not to comment on things we are unsure about. I spent a few hours trying to find out for you but did not come out with anything usefully.

You need to do some research about disassembling the pcb from the heat sink I do this my self all the time. so it is 95% safe, however make sure your grounded, fast simple way is to touch your case every few minuets, so you don't short out the card. know that if you have a warranty it will be void after.

after you have taken it apart you can compare to the reference photos witch you can find in goggle, if your unsure post a picutre here after.

Again be carefully if you decide to do this.

Good luck
-Qundel

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.