Sign in with
Your question

Trying to update intel video chipset 945g

Last response: in Windows XP
October 2, 2012 6:16:25 PM

hello everyone I hope someone in this forum may have an answer for me....
I have been told by my Adobe CS5 photoshop program that my Video chipset driver needs to be updated...but when I go to the intel support site it says there are no new updates..also the dell service has virtually the same result...I have tried the usual device manager but says I have the latest...When I try to use my drawing pen to cut out one picture and transfer it to the next..there is a box that comes up saying there are not enough pixels to do this then it goes back to square one..I do not think it is the cs5 program only the driver update thate needs sorting out..
I am using a Dell Dimension 5100...with an xp home edition program..and so would like to ask if there is any way I can find a compatible chipset to download to my computer...thanks zeth
a b \ Driver
October 2, 2012 6:19:42 PM

Chipsets are hardware, you don't download them.

What specific error messages do you see? (exact wording)

m
l
October 3, 2012 8:41:00 AM

hey thanks for the reply..the messages in the box are 1.warning no pixels selected..this comes up as I am drawing around the picture to extract it...and 2.warning no pixels are more than 50% selected the selection edges will not be visible...
I do not obviously understand the chipset hardware problem...but when I went onto the intel site...their is a download page to update this hardware..which is what I was pointing towards in my post...but there is not a new update available for the 82945g express chipset family that is installed...thanks for your help... :bounce:  :hello: 
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
October 3, 2012 1:29:32 PM

Not a video driver or chipset issue. You're using the lasso tool on an empty layer.
m
l
October 3, 2012 2:14:11 PM

thanks for your quick reply..I think you have solved the problem...have noticed that this was happening before..take care..zeth :pt1cable: 
m
l
October 10, 2012 8:42:22 AM

989401,1,1421946 said:
hello everyone I hope someone in this forum may have an answer for me....
I have been told by my Adobe CS5 photoshop program that my Video chipset driver needs to be updated...but when I go to the intel support site it says there are no new updates..also the dell service has virtually the same result...I have tried the usual device manager but says I have the latest...When I try to use my drawing pen to cut out one picture and transfer it to the next..there is a box that comes up saying there are not enough pixels to do this then it goes back to square one..I do not think it is the cs5 program only the driver update thate needs sorting out..
I am using a Dell Dimension 5100...with an xp home edition program..and so would like to ask if there is any way I can find a compatible chipset to download to my computer...thanks zeth[/quote

Thanks for all the input on my problem...have now managed to resolve it as it was to do with the graphics layers as suggested not the chipset...good to know there are some great brains on this site to help out..zeth...
m
l
!