Will i need an aftermarket cooling system with this setup?

Intel Core i3-2100
ASUS P8H61-ML X
G.skill Ripjaws X 2x2gb
GTX 650 Ti
Seasonic (M12II) 520watts

I don't overclock, neither do I plan on doing so, but I do leave my computer turned on for atleast 18 hours a day. Im just wondering if I need a CPU/GPU/Ram Cooler for this setup? Honestly, i just want to get a few of them for aesthetic purposes :lol:
5 answers Last reply
More about will aftermarket cooling system setup
  1. No it is not necesary for any aftermarket cooler for that CPU, or any if you do not overclock.

Only reason that you could have is too get rid of the noise from a standard Intel CPU cooler.
  2. I currently use a FSP Epsilon 600w PSU, but I will be getting a Seasonic (M12II) 520watts next week.. By the way, what cooler would you recommend? I am specifically looking for one that looks nice (for aesthetic purposes) :)
  3. The only reason you would need an after market cooler is if the stock cooler is too loud or you want lower temperatures. If you are overclocking it is a MUST. For my the stock Intel cooler was just not my taste so I got the Hyper 212+.
  4. The stock cooler should work fine. Don't waste money on an aftermarket cooler.
  5. dragonsamus said:
    The stock cooler should work fine. Don't waste money on an aftermarket cooler.

Well, i wouldn't really consider it wasting money since it's something that will do me good in the long run, and at the same time it increases a PC's appearance :p
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Overclocking