Nvidia geforce gtx 285 2gb sli

rreeder

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
If your looking to be tided over for only a year. Yes one of these cards will do it as long as the rest of your machine is fast enough not to bottleneck the card. Remember your PSU will probably need an upgrade with a single card but most likely for sure with dual cards. More system specs are needed to conclude.

dividedbyno1

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
well im trying to customize on ibuypower.com. Be getting an intel i5-750 with an asus p7p55d and 4gb of ram. I will probably be playing at 1680x1050

Depends on what games your playing as well as the resolution and settings you want to play them at. If you currently have one GTX285, an SLI capable board, and a PSU to handle it then I say go ahead and buy another one so that you can enjoy playing games on high, if not max settings, for some time. If you're considering buying two GTX 285s, don't. You're better off with a Radeon 5870.

Well for 1680x1050 a single GTX 285 suffices,no need to get 2

Get a 5850 for $280-$300. It's cheaper than a GTX285 and is about 15% more powerful.

Or get a 5870, which costs $400 and is the strongest single GPU card on the market, equal to a GTX295 (which is Nvidia's best dual-card at the moment)

dude get HD 5850 jeezz. Why are some of you still buying nvidia card omg! FAIL FAIL AND FAAAAAAIL!

:pfff:

thats like asking why do you go to this store when there another store that has the same items for cheaper price.

It's personal preference.

You honestly shouldn't be shocked that people are still buying nvidia cards. There many people that dont keep up with todays tech news (like us) but are system builders. They probably remember that Nvidia is (to us "was") the performance champ and will stick to that.