Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My New Intel i5 Quad Core High-End Build Gaming Rig

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 13, 2010 9:23:00 PM





Cooling Type: AIR

IIntel Core i5 750
Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition (Build 7600)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 4 Cores - 4 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2), EM64T, VT-x
CPUID : 6.E.5 / Extended : 6.1E
CPU Cache : L1 : 4 x 32 / 4 x 32 KB - L2 : 4 x 256 KB
CPU Cache : L3 : 8192 KB
Core : Lynnfield (45 nm) / Stepping : B1
Freq : 3699.96 MHz (185 * 20)
MB Brand : Gigabyte
MB Model : P55-USB3
NB : Intel DMI Host Bridge rev 11
SB : Intel P55 rev 06
GPU Type : Radeon HD 5850
GPU Clocks : Core 157 MHz / RAM 300 MHz
DirectX Version : 11.0
RAM : 4096 MB DDR3 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 740 MHz (2:8) @ 10-10-10-27
Slot 1 : 1024MB (10700)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Crucial Technology
Slot 2 : 1024MB (10700)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Crucial Technology
Slot 3 : 1024MB (10700)
Slot 3 Manufacturer : Crucial Technology
Slot 4 : 1024MB (10700)
Slot 4 Manufacturer : Crucial Technology

Now my 3Dmark06 Result




UPDATED (FEBRUARY 15, 2010)
But If I overclocked it back to 3.77Ghz I would be 22096 and If I overclocked it back to 4.0Ghz it would be 24307. I did some benchmark test about 4 times and got the results. I was happy with 24307



Check out my Youtube Videos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQsrDYiFptE Picture Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jsRlhA3xSo Live Video In Action

a b à CPUs
February 13, 2010 10:08:28 PM

Very nice build, makes me want to upgrade more and more lol
m
0
l
February 13, 2010 10:32:17 PM

Looks like a sweet build, Hope it plays games as well as the light show :)  GJ
m
0
l
Related resources
February 13, 2010 10:37:27 PM

Niklas_13 said:
Looks like a sweet build, Hope it plays games as well as the light show :)  GJ


Already running Crisis at High settings and very high. But playing dirt 2 is such a blast
m
0
l
February 13, 2010 10:43:01 PM

Wow, those lights and the case are looking neat!
Where do you get those?
m
0
l
February 13, 2010 10:56:55 PM

vsdagama said:
Wow, those lights and the case are looking neat!
Where do you get those?



Are you talking about the Cathode LED Light Sticks??? Or the LED one the memory??

m
0
l
February 13, 2010 11:13:26 PM

Keiki646 said:
Already running Crisis at High settings and very high. But playing dirt 2 is such a blast


Yeah dirt2 is fun ( i got that same GPU ) hows crysis on it ? i get from around 35 FPS avg

m
0
l
February 13, 2010 11:36:04 PM

Niklas_13 said:
Yeah dirt2 is fun ( i got that same GPU ) hows crysis on it ? i get from around 35 FPS avg


Since I am running on a 1400X900 I am getting 38 FPS but maybe more
m
0
l
February 13, 2010 11:44:21 PM

My rez is 1680x1050 I can run it in DX9 and get like 40 to 60 It still looks grate and even in DX10 i will run @ high 2xAA still runs good grate all around GPU can run crysis and kill the rest of the games
m
0
l
February 13, 2010 11:58:44 PM

Niklas_13 said:
My rez is 1680x1050 I can run it in DX9 and get like 40 to 60 It still looks grate and even in DX10 i will run @ high 2xAA still runs good grate all around GPU can run crysis and kill the rest of the games



49 FPS - Just ran a benchmark
m
0
l
February 14, 2010 2:36:47 AM

Niklas_13 said:
My rez is 1680x1050 I can run it in DX9 and get like 40 to 60 It still looks grate and even in DX10 i will run @ high 2xAA still runs good grate all around GPU can run crysis and kill the rest of the games


Ok now, benchmarks for CRISIS is 51.0 FPS
---------, benchmarks for Dirt 2 is 60.1 FPS
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 14, 2010 2:52:54 AM

The lights show near the ram sticks just jaw dropping.
m
0
l
February 14, 2010 3:07:39 AM

HansVonOhain said:
The lights show near the ram sticks just jaw dropping.


The Light show near the ram!!! Well thanks
m
0
l
February 14, 2010 6:13:33 PM

Thinking about a paint job. My little princess (daughter) told me to do Hello Kitty and that is not a bad idea.
m
0
l
February 14, 2010 6:23:24 PM

Looks great. I've been curious about that fan controller, how's it working so far?

What are the white switches on the non-window side of the box?

Read in another thread that we're in the same town (in WI, not Osaka). Hope you're surviving the cold ok. :) 
m
0
l
February 14, 2010 7:55:31 PM

coldsleep said:
Looks great. I've been curious about that fan controller, how's it working so far?

What are the white switches on the non-window side of the box?

Read in another thread that we're in the same town (in WI, not Osaka). Hope you're surviving the cold ok. :) 


Well I am here to work and home is back in Osaka with daughter and family.

But that is the Cathode sound Modular controller you are talking about. I didn't want them in side the case so I modded them to be outside the case with out damaging the case. But other than that The Fan controller work great and I had no problems with it yet but it's only been about 55 hours
m
0
l
February 16, 2010 3:34:13 AM

AS of today February 15, 2010, I am going to keep my overclock to 3.77ghz

m
0
l
February 16, 2010 10:27:09 PM

Runs hot at 4.0Ghz temps do stay at 72.3C when playing dirt 2 or crisis
m
0
l
!