jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
i have just broken my door on my Antec P182, im looking for a new Midi case. Full towers are just too big for me although i have a reasonable spec system i do not have watercooling. I like the dual chambers of the P182 and the fact that i could hide alot of the cables. This meant airflow was at its maximum.

Ive been looking at the NZXT Gamma and Panzerbox but the gamma seems a bit too cheap for my rough £100 guide price.
i also don't like the fact that the Panzer has the PSU mounted in front of the GPU.

I'mnot sure on the new P183 as the front door and grills don't look nide too me. Zalman cases are too expensive.

Just wanted some input from people here who have owned the GAMMA and would like some suggestions.

The looks i tend to go for are like the P182 subtle smooth sleek designs not in your face LED lights and windows. The one case that has caught my eye is the FRACTAL DESIGN cases.

my comp specs :

motherboard = asus ddr2 m3n32 (i think )
ram = ddr2 8Gb OCZ heatpipe reaper 6400
harddrive = 150 Gb Raptor X
Processor = AMD Phenom 9850 BE 2.4Ghz
CPU cooler = ZALMAN NT high endaircooler that soundslike a jet engine on high.
GPU = 5770 Powercolor PCS+ 1GB slightly overclocked.

because of the lack of venting for the GPU i need a case with good airflow and positive or equal pressure.to make sure any hot air gets pushed / sucked out of the case away from the hardware to keep it cool and everything quiet.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

I understand what you are saying but you can get a AZZA Solano 1000 Case. Yes it's a ful tower but it has excellent air flow. I just got one myself to build a new Intel i5 high-end system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQsrDYiFptE Picture Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jsRlhA3xSo Live Video In Action

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I've always been a fan of the Antec 900, but the Antec 300 or Antec 200 are cheaper and have excellent airflow (especially with the optional front fans - included in the Antec 300 Illusion)

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

Yes I also like the Antec 900 but with a AZZA solano 1000 case is only 89.99 after mail in rebate. but it's 109.99
from newegg

CES was in January .... all sorts of new cases will be arriving in mid March.

http://www.futurelooks.com/ces-2010-antec-unveils-the-lanboy-air-and-the-most-important-product-of-ces/

The LANboy Air has 15 fan mounts .... think ya can get all ya need in there ..... I think ya can prolly make it hover above ya desk :)

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

Yes I was looking at this before and that is when I came around the AzzA cases. they were not on the video but while searching the web for good full tower cases, I came around new one that would be releasing in March. I can't wait to see what the new Antec Series going to look like when a full body is inside

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Its between these at the moment:

Zalman Z7 Plus:

http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=381

Fractal Design R2:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-003-FD

Lian-Li PC-P50B Armoursuit:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-049-LL

Because i generally buy from OCUK (even though some might cringe at the thought lol.) These are the main three midi towers that jump out at me.

I like my hardware and quality of case too do the talking not pretty LED fans. Hense the sleek simple smooth designs that i have chosen. But OCUK has a slightly limited range of cases, so any secret gems of cases out there? gimme a shout.

Thanks

I don't really look for anything to "talk" but personally I don't like LED's either. Manufacturers tho carter to market demographics and the majority of gamers, being young, are generally into a little bling. To satisfy both markets with one design they simply provide an ON / OFF switch on the LED's to satisfy both markets w/o adding separate stocks of inventory.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

I can understand your thoughts about UV and LED. Now for me I like them due to making my computer stand out on ways.
Specially here inMadison, WI or back home in Osaka, Japan. My friends or neighborswould give me a look like (OMG What is that?) but in a good way.
But my Favorite LED's would be White and Blue.
But that is some people (like my myself)

racermx187

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009

I really like the looks of the Fractal. Very clean and flowing. It also has a black painted inside which looks much better.

The Fractal Design R2 may look good but that front door on the bezel and the inner door restrict airflow.

The Z7 interior does not have any cable management features.

The best bet is the Armoursuit. It was the basis for the new Lian Li / Lancool Dragon Lord cases that are available in a variety of configurations and prices:

http://www.lancoolpc.com/en/microsite/01/

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
The Fractals front door doesn't bother me though. Because i keep track of my computer removing filters and secondary doors to improve airflow won't matter. Also the stock fans in the fractal are slow and quiet so when i replace them with ones as big as possible of a high quality make like scythe, that will make things alot cooler expecially when i fill as many fan slots as possible. The great cable management in the case means no obstruction for airflow.

The 1 inch high feet will allow the fan on my Coolermaster 700W to intake cool air from the bottom of my case to further lower case temps.

With a good fan controller from zalman i think this case is going to be the winner for me!

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
As johnny posted, i think you should take a double look at the Lancool k-62. I just got one myself, and there is a few nice cable management holes, plus a hole behind the MB for mounts. It comes with 3 big 140mm fans, all blue LED, + 1 back exhaust fan, and is very quiet. This case produces a very low hum while on and all the fans operate at 1000rpm or less. The airflow i great, one big fan in front to intake, a bottom mounted PSU that doesnt exhaust its air in the case, and two big exhaust fans on top that if you had a water cooled system you could put a radiator there. All the intake places have a fabric mesh to help stop dust. Plus this case is tooless. I didnt have to use any screws at all.

My only complaint is, is that i didnt have a long enough 4 pin connector on my older PSU to route it behind the mobo. So its the only wire really showing in my case. Plus the HDD cage turns 90 degrees, so you could have it traditional style or route the cables through the back like i did. Overall, for 100 buck its a top notch PC Case in my opinion. Thought i would give my opinion just in case :)

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

Yes, but i dont really care enough too :p I was just pointing it out just in case lol. 1 cable compared to the dozen showing with my other case is a huge improvement. Plus this case is almost 10C cooler with those larger fans, my older case only supported 80mm fans lol.