Sign in with
Your question

GDDR3 working in a DDR2 MOBO

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 5, 2010 5:17:30 PM

I have looked at the following forum to look up the answer to my question.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/263239-33-will-ddr3-w...

Now in that someone said to list your setup to see if my mobo would be able to run this video card. So hear it is.

MSI K9N6PGM2 MOBO
NVIDIA GeForce MCP61P + nForce 430 chipset
AMD Sempron processor 2.2GHz HT
4GB of ram.
ATI Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition GDDR3 Video card

Now I know that it was stated that it desnt matter what interface you are running DDR to DDR5.

I just want to know if there is enough kick to use this vard for high quality graphis in online gaming.

Thank you,
~Kyle
:hello: 
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2010 5:35:35 PM

Online gaming playing what?

If it is an old game like CS:S or something then should be okay although that cpu is a bit old and was the budget line back when it was new.

Oh and that gpu is practically a collectors item.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2010 5:40:03 PM

Hmm, appears I may have jumped the gun with my answer, I though it was an older computer although it seems newer than I imagined what with the gpu in use.

However, as long as the gpu is pci-express then it will work in older games.
m
l
Related resources
February 5, 2010 6:10:20 PM

Right I do have it in a PCI-E x16 slot. The damn thing takes up sooooooo much room. Im glad that I dont have anything else that I need to put in the PCI slot of my mobo.

But yes the video card is a PCI-E x16 which it is placed in the x16 slot of the mobo. I`m glad to hear that it should be fine. I only bought the card for $30. So I`m pretty happy about it.
m
l
February 5, 2010 6:15:13 PM

I game that I am playing online is BF2. I havent played in sooo long that I decided to put together a computer that I would be able to play but also be able to run high quality with performance along with doing so. I found the MSI mobo for a great deal and jumped on it alnog with the memory and card. Like I said I only got the card for $30 bucks and figured I should find out if my mobo setup would handle it.

I am also jumping from a 478 Celeron 2.4GHz processor. I hear its a big differance but I havent been able to find out because I am still waiting on my hard drive to come
m
l
!