Ducktape178

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
I built myself a icore7/DDr3 ram/windows7 build last year and everything worked perfectly up until yesterday after i got home from work. I turned my computer on and it started to boot up, started to load windows and then shut off and turned it self back on automatically. it repeated to shut off and turn on 3-4 times each taking a few seconds.

It stopped doing that and now i dont get a signal to the monitor, it doesnt seem like it POST, the fans will turn on but dont seem to slow down alittle like normal and the LEDs are on.

(i built my friend the same built i did so today i started to test my stuff on his rig.)

The GPU works, the RAM works, the Hard drive works and i went out and bought a new PSU so its not that. I am about to try the CPU and if its not the CPU, i'm thinking its the MOBO.

I would just like some opinions on what it could be. I will post the update after i try the CPU.

My rig
P6t deluxe v2
6 gigs DDR3 1600
GTX 260 nvida
windows 7
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz

Never had a problem in the last year with this comp. Good air flow good temps

Ducktape178

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
Big news. So after resetting the CMOS, I hook it all up, fire it on and all of a sudden I got power to my mouse (which wasn't happening before) then I'll get a beep (1 beep = everything checks out). After a couple seconds I'll get 2 fast beeps but still no signal on display. Press the power button and shuts off right away.

Wait a few seconds fire it up and no beeps at all and no power to the mouse. Also I have to hold the power button to shut off Is it possible that the CMOS battery iself has gone?

Please someone help out

Ducktape178

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
Hmm well I hooked it all up to just be done with it tonight...sitting here I just turned it on and what do u know, it does POST and I have a signal on my monitor. I enter the bios and check everything cause I reset the CMOS. Windows starts to load and boom.. The computer shuts off then on, then off and back on. Everything starts loading and I get to the mobo loading screen right before windows and bam it shuts off and on. And will keep repeating. Does all this go back to the mobo?

Ducktape178

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
as i said, i bought a new PSU.

well i got it to work. it seems it was the old PSU and it was hung up or corrupted the bios, so after the Cmos reset and using the new PSU everything booted up fine and back to normal