Is ATI killing FPS rates on each update?

jolurove

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
I've been reading a lot about this lately. Eversince CCC 9.11 on each update I've been getting lower and lower FPS rates. I saw that a lot of people is having the same problem. What is ATI trying to do?? force everybody to buy their new generation cards? As I see 10 - 15% performance upgrade on 5000 series. Is really sad. I've used ATI since 2003 and never got dissapointed as Iam now. Just wanted to share it with you and wanna nknow how you feel about it.

I have heard peeps complain about this.....and I have also heard peeps complain about same thing on nVidia cards last 3 rounds.....the 4th one or so back brought a like a 14% increase on some games and I guess peeps don't like giving up ground previously gained.

It's the inevitable battle between stability and speed.....get to aggressive on the speed tweaks and then scale back when a certain % of users start to have problems.

jolurove

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
I guess I will go back to 9.11, after that my FPS started to go down... I hope they find a way to get real software upgrades for all of their products.. or maybe they should just stop supporting certain cards instead of making drivers that won't enhance either the performance or quality