Graphics for my Dell

Drizzler

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Hey, so my question is... Is the XFX Radeon HD4670 any good? I'm thinking of playing LotRO, and want to know if this card is any good for it. Will it be able to run on high settings? I'm not rly any good on computers, got a Dell OptiPlex GX620. Not sure if my computer will be able to handle it.
Systems specs:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3 GHz
3GB RAM DDR2
305 watt power-supply

Thanks, Drizzler.

freddysanchez

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
upendra 09 is right its not that great of a performer but it will play the game fine on a resolution of 1280x1024 at regular settings (medium) anything above that might bring it to its knees!!!

I agree with megaman, the HD4670 is suitable for your needs and current power supply. You will be limited in the future with your processor so I would start saving for an upgrade.

I recommend looking at 4670's with ddr3 ram.

vexun11

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
You could build a cheap budget gaming build for realy cheap, like 250-300$ thats what I would do unless you dont have much of an option, then yea go with that card it should work out alright, then when you get a chance put together something new and use that video card in your new system. so either way its a good investment.

good luck

seerwan

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
for why gddr3 is better than gddr2, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDDR3

and bro, i had a Pentium 4 and bought a 4670. the CPU bottlenecked it alot.
i now have a pentium dual core 5300. its not super-awesome, but at least my GPU aint bottlenecked no more. = )

bro, the pentium is ***, u need a better CPU. and a 4670 is an ok card; gr8 for the price and not needing to connect it to the PSU.

but if u can, push ure budget and get a 4850, they are WORLDS apart.

however, the Pentium 4 will bottleneck either, ESPECIALLY the 4850... = (

gd luck.

Upendra09

Distinguished
If you mean DDR3 and DDR2 RAM then DDR3 is way faster, more efficient, and has more latency which is bad

but that is a common problem with DDR RAM even DDR2 has higher latency than DDR

TRENDING THREADS