Gtx 660ti Super low fps

KyleListhebest

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hello, have a Gtx 660ti MSI Oc edition, and stock im gonly getting around 40fps on BF3 Ultra, my cpu(Amdphenom, the new one) is at a 60 load. what should I do (How do I get my load to a 90) I think because its at 60 its bottlenecking, Please help me im new.

2moons33

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Well what resolution screen are you at? And 40 fps is a little on the low side compared to this benchmark :http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-ti-benchmark-review,3279-4.html

it is overvolted, but overvolting in msi's case would mean you would have performance gains(as its what they intended) and not a performance loss.

LOL you have no idea what triple the voltage spec can do to a card. When we overclock a card we do not ad triple the voltage. We ad small increments to increase performance.

What MSI did was bypass the PWM voltage control allowing massive amounts of power through at ANY given clock speed. THat my dear friend is NOT good for performance. That my friend fries caps, and fried caps, effect perfromance in a negative way. A very negative way.

you're making in assumption that all the cards that existed fried up and stopped working. No, they haven't. they just are at an unsafe level and were forced to change due to nvidias green light program. the voltage unlocked cards are known to have performance gains. Albeit, keeping it a secret from nvidia wasn't the greatest of ideas, most people are over-speculating what actually happened with the cards. Show me physical evidence that peoples cards have died, and not just an article.

This video showed what could possibly happen with performance when the 660ti PE was unlocked and shows a clear performance gain

Although it is probably extremely unhealthy for the 660ti to be overvolted, assuming all of the cards had broken capacitors is faulty logic.

I work at a hardware vendor, we have had literally tens of the PE cards being RMA'd, we tested them and they were faulty in some way or another. Either dead or extremely under-performing. Yes some of them do VERY well, but you need some extreme luck to get such a card that has an excellent PCB, VRAM, and the chip itself.

And even then I am very sure these cards will not last long.