Sign in with
Your question
Closed

System Restarts When DVD drive is Loading

Last response: in Storage
February 20, 2012 6:31:22 PM

Hi,

I am Having Smasung DVD writer cum Reader Drive. And its A SATA.

When i put a DVD in the Drive and it loads the system gets restarting.

Please Advice me whats the issue?
February 20, 2012 6:33:03 PM

What DVD you try to put in ? Do you have any bootable DVD you can test on this device.
February 20, 2012 6:35:10 PM

Yeah I've Checked that too.

When i put Windows Installation Disk its getting Restarted
Related resources
a c 85 G Storage
February 21, 2012 6:58:44 PM

So is the issue only when you put in the setup disk, or any DVD? When does it restart? Soon as it tries to read the disk? Need more details about the issue.
February 21, 2012 7:11:31 PM

It Always get restarts when putting any Discs(Setup Disk , Movie , Songs ,Applications Etc)...

As u said soon it tries to read systemm get restarted

a c 85 G Storage
February 21, 2012 8:38:03 PM

Fist thing is to try a new drive to make sure it's not an electrical issue. Before that you can try to move the SATA connection to a different header on the motherboard and also use a different power connector.
February 21, 2012 8:41:24 PM

I've used all the types of possibilities mentioned by you.. And its not a new drive.... am using the same drive for about 9 months. I have tested with another system it works fine..but in my PC its not working......I used a different cable and changed it to all 4 headers its not workin ..

please advice
a c 85 G Storage
February 21, 2012 8:54:04 PM

Try a Windows Restore Point? It could be your motherboard also. You can't even boot from the disk? Or does it only restart in Windows? If you can't even boot from it, something is wrong with the hardware.
February 23, 2012 2:21:43 PM

"Yeah I've Checked that too.
When i put Windows Installation Disk its getting Restarted "

You put the widow installation Disk inside window OS or when it boot up..
Can it Boot Directly to the Installation Disc... If it can then it is yoru OS problem... try restore point may help...

if it cannot boot up to the window Installation Disc ( Make sure you choose boot from DVD) then it is DVD Hardware Problem..... Try change different input and try different cable.... the final is switch to a different SATA Port...

If still have the problem then is really the Drive ... you can take to another system to test again

Best solution

a c 85 G Storage
February 23, 2012 2:32:06 PM

sonexpc said:
"Yeah I've Checked that too.
When i put Windows Installation Disk its getting Restarted "

You put the widow installation Disk inside window OS or when it boot up..
Can it Boot Directly to the Installation Disc... If it can then it is yoru OS problem... try restore point may help...

if it cannot boot up to the window Installation Disc ( Make sure you choose boot from DVD) then it is DVD Hardware Problem..... Try change different input and try different cable.... the final is switch to a different SATA Port...

If still have the problem then is really the Drive ... you can take to another system to test again

Did you read the other posts? All this was gone over already.
February 27, 2012 12:00:22 PM

Best answer selected by rachan123india.
a c 158 G Storage
March 4, 2012 8:47:35 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!