Closed Solved

Why is my 3dmark06 score crap?

I just built this system, which I thought was pretty good...but my 3dmark scores are awful.

3dmark06: 4670

gpu: nvidia geforce 9500gt 1gb 128 bit ddr2 (i'm guessing this is the problem..?)
cpu: amd phenom II 965 deneb 3.4ghz quad core, stock clock
ram: 8 gb ocz ddr3 1600 (i couldn't get the system to read it as 1600mhz and the appropriate timings..could this be a problem?)
hard drive: wd 1tb black caviar edition 7200 rpm.

is there anything else you'd like to know?

my friend just ordered the cheap new alienware laptop and his score is at 11k.........which embarasses me

i'd appreciate any help or recommendations
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3dmark06 score crap
  1. wannabie said:
    I just built this system, which I thought was pretty good...but my 3dmark scores are awful.

    3dmark06: 4670

    gpu: nvidia geforce 9500gt 1gb 128 bit ddr2 (i'm guessing this is the problem..?)
    cpu: amd phenom II 965 deneb 3.4ghz quad core, stock clock
    ram: 8 gb ocz ddr3 1600 (i couldn't get the system to read it as 1600mhz and the appropriate timings..could this be a problem?)
    hard drive: wd 1tb black caviar edition 7200 rpm.

    is there anything else you'd like to know?

    my friend just ordered the cheap new alienware laptop and his score is at 11k.........which embarasses me

    i'd appreciate any help or recommendations


    The CPU should rate at least 5k+ alone the GPU probably another idk 2k i think? weird. did u make sure to choose 3dmark06 default setttings?
  2. yeah it was completely default settings...i haven't registered it..so i can't change around the 3dmark settings...
  3. wannabie said:
    yeah it was completely default settings...i haven't registered it..so i can't change around the 3dmark settings...


    Try this:
    1. Clean drivers by uninstalling the video/3d software (Nvidia control panel/video drivers). Meanwhile download Driver Sweeper/latest nvidia drivers.
    2. Reboot, press F8, boot in safe mode and run Driver Sweeper.
    3. Reboot into normal windows boot. Install latest Nvidia drivers.


    After that is done reboot once more.
    Check RAM settings in BIOS and manually set it to 1600 mhz/timings/voltages.
    Check processor clocks to confirm 3.4 ghz /disable Cool N Quiet.
    Reboot. Run 3dmark06. Report back the results.
  4. I did all that. Sorry it took so long..I had to figure out some stuff.

    ...it's the same score....what can i do now?

    by the way, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
  5. Best answer
    9500GT = problem = job done. Or would you prefer to see the score from one on a Q9550@3.4ghz?
  6. seeing that score would be nice........

    if the card is the problem, what would you recommend? because i guess i don't know exactly how to best shop for it..
  7. wannabie said:
    seeing that score would be nice........

    if the card is the problem, what would you recommend? because i guess i don't know exactly how to best shop for it..

    Here ya go.
  8. thank you for that image. I'm looking to buy this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129139

    radeon 4870 256 bit gddr5 ; ..it didn't report the core or effective clock speed..

    i was able to find the site that reports benchmarks and this card scored well on every measure. would it be the right one for me? it's pretty cheap but it's made by vision tek..which i've never heard of. is there anything else I should keep in mind?

    thanks for your help!
  9. don't get anything less than a 5750. i have the vapor-x 5750 and a slightly weaker processor (955 @ 3.2GHz) and i get 14714 3Dmark06.

    also don't mess around with the memory timings. i also have 1600mhz memory and the system uses it at 1333mhz. this is perfectly normal.
  10. Best answer selected by wannabie.
  11. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product