17" LCD w/ DVI for 450 dollars exist?

aipume

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2002
Hi all :) my first post so bare with me!

i just started looking for a LCD panel, but i do have a budget limit. I was trying to find a 17" LCD panel with these qualities:

<25ms
decent contrast
DVI port

i looked around ALOT and did read the majority of the posts here before posting myself but so far i've seen alot of good 17" LCD deals but they were all analog :\.

im planning to get a LCD around January 6 or so, would there be a price drop by then? especially considering thenew 16ms coming out...

thanks! (hope someone replies :)

Arkanis

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
I will sell you my PV-174 Planar Monitor for 450$, plus shipping. The lowest you can find it on pricegrabber right now is for 653$ (plus shipping). The specs on this monitor meet your needs:

17.4 inch Display...it pivots too
400:1 contrast ratio
230 cd/in brightness
And DVI input too
Oops forgot to tell you that it is 25ms too

It is about eight months old, comes with a 3year warranty of 2 day air if there are any problems from planar (which has good service). One thing though...there is a stuck...not a dead, but stuck pixel in the very upper right corner of the screen. I only notice it when the screen is all black and I am looking for it. As far as large LCD screens go, this is negligible and minor. Anyways, if you want it, you can have it because I need the money for next school semester; otherwise, I was just about to sell it on ebay...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Arkanis on 12/10/02 07:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

aipume

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2002
hi,

thats an interesting offer :)
right now still in exams so im not thinking much about LCDs, but if im interested i'll definitely send yuo an email or PM, which means dont let me hold you back from selling it on eBay.
thanks.