Sign in with
Your question

Why dosnt dlink wireless router DI-614 want pass word?

Tags:
  • LAN
  • Wireless Router
  • D-Link
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
January 15, 2010 11:46:16 PM

My Dlink di614+ I use as a wireless acces point stopped working when I used the line in to test the internet on an other PC and when I pluged it back in. So I thought I needed to go in and check the settings but I can't get in. It dosn't even want a pass word. If I put in the 192.168.0.1 it shows me the set up window with out asking for a pass word? I guess this is in cash like web pages but when I try to make a change it wants me to go on line but then it can't load the page. I just want to go in the Dlink and fix it. I can't go on line any way untill it's fixed.
Thanks for any help
Dan :pt1cable: 

More about : dosnt dlink wireless router 614 pass word

Anonymous
January 16, 2010 7:52:07 AM

Sounds like the router has been reset. Check the instructions which came with the D-Link for the default Username and Passphrase needed to get into the setup screens -- often it's User name is admin and no password but it may vary by model.
m
l
January 26, 2010 2:59:19 AM

I did reply that I had reset the router and could not get back in because there was no place to put in the pass word but I found out why on my own. No one knew how to fix it but I did it. All I can say is if you don't read the post then you can't help.
Dan
m
l
Related resources
January 26, 2010 3:02:47 AM

For any one that has this happen try using another port. In my case that's all it was. Once I tried the second port I was able to get in the router and set a new pass word WEP and extend my wireless range to 150'
Dan
m
l
January 26, 2010 3:14:59 AM

Quote:
Sounds like the router has been reset. Check the instructions which came with the D-Link for the default Username and Passphrase needed to get into the setup screens -- often it's User name is admin and no password but it may vary by model.

I did try to reply but this site would not let me at the time. I figured it out after trying many things I just changed from port 1 to port 2 and Then I could put in the pass word and do my thing. All is well now. I just thought it was funny when you said it sounds like the router got reset and the pass word is admin because I reset it to get the wireless net work to work again so I know I reset it and know the pass word but like my post said what good is a pass word if there is no place to put it in. Once IE could load the page and I put in the pass word I could change every thing and get the wireless net work working. I have a router modem that has a CAT line to the D-link about 50' then it sent the wireless signal another 150' to an observatory where I needed the connection. All is working now. Thanks for trying to help any way.
Dan :sol: 
m
l
!