Why dosnt dlink wireless router DI-614 want pass word?

My Dlink di614+ I use as a wireless acces point stopped working when I used the line in to test the internet on an other PC and when I pluged it back in. So I thought I needed to go in and check the settings but I can't get in. It dosn't even want a pass word. If I put in the 192.168.0.1 it shows me the set up window with out asking for a pass word? I guess this is in cash like web pages but when I try to make a change it wants me to go on line but then it can't load the page. I just want to go in the Dlink and fix it. I can't go on line any way untill it's fixed.
Thanks for any help
Dan :pt1cable:
4 answers Last reply
More about dosnt dlink wireless router pass word
  1. Sounds like the router has been reset. Check the instructions which came with the D-Link for the default Username and Passphrase needed to get into the setup screens -- often it's User name is admin and no password but it may vary by model.
  2. I did reply that I had reset the router and could not get back in because there was no place to put in the pass word but I found out why on my own. No one knew how to fix it but I did it. All I can say is if you don't read the post then you can't help.
    Dan
  3. For any one that has this happen try using another port. In my case that's all it was. Once I tried the second port I was able to get in the router and set a new pass word WEP and extend my wireless range to 150'
    Dan
  4. Quote:
    Sounds like the router has been reset. Check the instructions which came with the D-Link for the default Username and Passphrase needed to get into the setup screens -- often it's User name is admin and no password but it may vary by model.

I did try to reply but this site would not let me at the time. I figured it out after trying many things I just changed from port 1 to port 2 and Then I could put in the pass word and do my thing. All is well now. I just thought it was funny when you said it sounds like the router got reset and the pass word is admin because I reset it to get the wireless net work to work again so I know I reset it and know the pass word but like my post said what good is a pass word if there is no place to put it in. Once IE could load the page and I put in the pass word I could change every thing and get the wireless net work working. I have a router modem that has a CAT line to the D-link about 50' then it sent the wireless signal another 150' to an observatory where I needed the connection. All is working now. Thanks for trying to help any way.
    Dan :sol:
Ask a new question

Read More

LAN Wireless Router D-Link Networking