Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Asus p5kpl-am epu motherboard display

Last response: in Motherboards
September 24, 2010 6:12:32 PM

Hello,I am using asus p5kpl-am epu mobo.everytime i open my pc, my monitor displays this one "asus p5kpl-am epu"(the blue thing).can i set XPSP4 not to display this "asus p5kpl-am epu"word?how?

Best solution

a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 717 V Motherboard
September 24, 2010 7:07:28 PM

Welcome Newcomer! :) 

First, there's no XP SP4 and I doubt there ever will be more than XP SP3 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

I am totally confused what is going on ""asus p5kpl-am epu"(the blue thing)" - if you mean the BIOS Splash screen then you'll need to disable it in the BIOS:
1. Restart press the "Delete" key
2. Arrow to the {Boot} tab in BIOS
3. Change Full Screen Logo -> {Disabled}
4. Press "ESC" key and choose Save & Exit Yes.

Good Luck!
September 24, 2010 7:45:16 PM

sorry, i mean XP SP3...with your help,i got my problem fixed.Thank You jaquith and tomshardware.com!
Score
Related resources
September 24, 2010 7:46:11 PM

Best answer selected by win1234.
Score
March 3, 2013 6:46:12 PM

Hello, I have the same motherboard as win1234 but my problem is a little bit different then his, my motherboard will start but will not display anything on the screen, the display remains in stand by as if I would have not have opened the computer.

I have tested the motherboard with other components and still nothing shows up on my display, I have reseted the the BIOS by removing the battery, I have visually inspected the motherboard and I see no inflated capacitor or no other parts that seem as they would have cracked or burnt.

I really don't know what to do, I ran out of ideas, I would really appreciate some fresh thoughts on this. THANKS :sweat: 
Score
!