CPU-Z on AMD 955BE showing 1.65V when it's 1.48 in BIOS (SCARY!)

salh

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
But the temps seem surprisingly low 55 to<60 :p not that i shouldnt be worried, most people say 1.45 should be max on Phenom II X4 955s! OMG will my CPU explode?
Also, this is when I run furmark stress test

Other details: 20X200(4GHz) stock fan and heatsink CPU/NP at 13X - if I can go higher in any of these please let me know

socialfox

Distinguished
4 ghz is usually the sweet spot for the Phenom 955. Anyways is this 55-60 idle? That is very high and I suspect that is idle because you claim you are using the stock heatsink. If those readings are correct I would bring the voltage down to 1.45 at least. If you are wondering how I know 4ghz is the sweet spot that's because I have the same processor and mine does not exceed 48 degrees with furmark using an aftermarket cooler.

salh

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Set to it to 1.4500, now CPU-Z(or HWmonitor) show it as 1.560. So still in scary situation, I even dropped the Loadline to 25% from Auto(51) but still no change. Maybe something's wrong witht hte software

Note: for some reason idle and load are almost the same, idle 59-60 and load ~65

salh

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Just spent a lot of money on graphics just now, so unless anyone suggests are really cheap cooler i have no choice :'(
Maybe it's just dust in the sink, i'll check now

salh

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Tried another software, you're right i need a new cooler

But noq im feeling its a problem with the mobo or CPU, voltages and multiplier are both STUCK, completely

socialfox

Distinguished

Well how about you remove the motherboard battery so you revert the settings back to stock. When stock check the temperatures and see if its okay, if okay then you need a cooler to withstand the heat generated by the overclock. If it is still hot when stock then you may need to tinker around with the voltages. Either way is this the new Hwmonitor version? You may be getting incorrect readings if its older version.

Edit: Or even easier just click the button in the bios to reset the settings.

socialfox

Distinguished

Do you have poor airflow in your case? Even for stock that is warm for stock clocks if you ask me. Though I never did own a stock cooler since I always buy OEM CPUs without the fancy packaging or coolers.

salh

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
ahh no dont mean it literally i meant expensive, I was so pissed at this guy selling a 60$ new water cooling for 100$ when it was 6 months old, and he was really rude
Plus all the other ads i see are the same price, new and old everything costs more here

socialfox

Distinguished

Are you looking on those classifieds websites? :lol:
I know for a fact people lowball the crap out of me! A long time ago when the HD 5670 came out and I bought it close to $80 bucks, and it was used only for one month and had all the boxes/manuals and was dustless and this guy asks me to sell it for him for a mere $20! I mean I posted it for $40 which is reasonable if you ask me, its 50% off since it was used for one month but my god! $20! That's a rip off for me.

salh

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011

If you dont believe me check out the ad http://dubai.dubizzle.com/classified/computers-networking/computer-components/fans-cooling/2012/10/20/antec-kuhler-h2o-620-liquid-cooling-system-2/?back=ZHViYWkuZHViaXp6bGUuY29tL3NlYXJjaC8%2Fa2V5d29yZHM9Y3B1K2Nvb2xlciZpc19iYXNpY19zZWFyY2hfd2lkZ2V0PTEmaXNfc2VhcmNoPTE%3D&pos=7
Then google the same product, and compare the prices, this guy is crazy

socialfox

Distinguished
Hehee :lol:
I just sent him a message right now asking how much he is going to sell it for. If it is high then I'm going to tell him the original price and tell him why he's selling it for higher. Let's see if he gives me a lower price than you, post how much he told you he will sell it for.

salh

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011

lel old time :')