Biostar TA785G3 and AMD 630 wont boot or go into bios - any suggestions?

Wild Will

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Bought new Motherboard and cpu and new Super Talent DDR3 1600 (2Gb X2) memory. Installed per instructions and it will now boot or enter bios. I have removed from case and tried to boot under the following comditions:
Moniter (working) plugged into VGA and the DMI sockets.
Memory installed one at a time in each of the two dimms sockets.
Two different (working) 600 watt power supplies were tried.
The results were the same. no boot. Troubleshooting 2 LED's has #1 showing a short and long flashing light. #2 is off.

Any Suggestions??

Wild Will

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

Biostar technician stated that memory was OK and could be used with no problem. This mb was priced in a combo and supported all of the features that I wanted. I may swap it out before this is over with/
Thanks for your response.

vanekl

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
Yeah.

Your board is having a problem with the memory, so the three most common problems would be:

1. memory incompatible with board
2. bad memory
3. bad board

This is extremely easy to test. Just buy a stick on the compatibility list. Stick it in. Observe.

Wild Will

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

Thanks
Will

vanekl

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
One thing I neglected to say: you should ask Biostar if there is any special significance to the short/long flashing. It most likely means something in particular and they can help you decipher it. Why they left that out of the manual I can't say.
Good luck.

vanekl

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
I would not have taken no for an answer. It means something. Don't let them push you around like that. Make sure they understand that you are the customer and there is something wrong and you just want a little piece of information so that the situation can be quickly resolved and everybody is happy. It would be a win-win. I would have asked if there was anybody who could tell me what the error code means, and I would have kept pressing the point until I got an answer, or returned their product.

padres son

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Hey Wild Will did you ever figure this out?

I'm having the exact same problem with the same board. LED 1 is giving me a short blink followed quickly by a long blink. I have Corsair DD3 1600 installed which is on the list of supported memory.

I've tried each stick individually and it's giving me the same thing.

Anyone have anything else to try?