Is this specs good enough?

Alcom21

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Hi guys! I am not really a TECH expert. I need you guys to help me in this. Will these specs able me to play HD Games like Assassin Creed 2,Modern Warfare 2,Crysis, n blablabla~Mostly i will be using it for gaming. But on a very very tight budget.Here are the specs

Logitech G1 gaming keyboard
HIS HD4850 icoolerx4 512MB DDR3
Huntkey BalanceKing 450watt
AMD Phenom II X2 AM3 550+(Black/EDITION)
MSI 770 C45
Samsung F4 500GB
Corsair 2GB DDR3 1333mhz
Raidmax Tornado
LG 22X Sata dvdrw

This cost about 500USD but in my country is 1740,which is quite a price. I am on a very tight budget thats why.

So what do you think guys?

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
Well by saying HD games you mean playing them in HD resolution? if thats the case i would say its gonna run them pretty fine but maybe not on highest settings/Graphics. i hope that your PSU will pwoer your system :)

About that psu. it definitely has to go!

I just checked several references and half a dozen competent technical reviews of Huntkey power supplies. The technical reviews are unanimous. They are definitely underpowered and cannot deliver their advertised power. The 500 watt power supplies are actually 360 watt psu's that will explode at load. In addition, there are key features missing. On top of that they offer the exact same power supply with several different model names. To be avoided at all costs.

The general rule of thumb is a high quality 500 to 550 watt power supply with sufficient current (amps) on the +12 volt rail(s) can easily power a system with any single video card made. A high quality 700 to 750 watt power supply with sufficient current (amps) on the +12 volt rail(s) can power a system with two video cards operating in dual mode. There are a few exceptions like the new ATI Radeon HD 5XXX series cards which use less power due to their energy efficiency.

A high quality 500 to 550 watt psu will have a +12 volt rail rated at 40 amps. A high quality 700 to 750 watt psu will have a +12 volt rail rated at 60 amps.

In addition the power supply should be at least 80+ Bronze certified for energy efficiency. There are some models available which have achieved 80+ Silver and 80+ Gold Certifications.

Before purchasing a new psu you will need to decide whether you will eventually have a pc with one or two video cards.

Corsair and Seasonic are two of the brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty. Lately we've been seeing a few other brands offering some high quality units. One example would be the Antec Earthwatts series which is a major improvement over Antec’s older psu’s like the Basiq models.

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

I suggest actually reading that guys wall of text, if you did, you wouldnt of needed to ask that.

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

No, you could get a 1000000000w Huntkey and it would still be a Shitty PSU. Stay away from them or risk damaging your nice new computer.