Problem installing windows xp on sony vaio

c731673

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Hello,
I have a sony vaio (with i3 CPU) and i want to install windows xp (SP3) on it.
I used the SATA driver provided in the sony website ("VPCE SATA Driver " at http://www.sony.fr/support/fr/product/VPCEC4E9E_BJ/updates) .Using a USB floppy disk and the F6 method I lanch installation .No pr then formatting HDD ,(no pb), then anther message appears :insert Intel Rapid Storage Technology disquette and press entre when ready.
pb.I tried some drivers in the intel website but instead of this message i have the BSoD.(blue screen).

Any one knows how to fix this pb.
Thanks.

c731673

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

-I have to use Windows xp because there are some special softwares that are not compatible with windows 7.
-It's not possible to change lot of things in SONY Vaio Bios.It's almost locked not like the other Bios.We can't change IDE/SATA for example.

c731673

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

Hi,
I though about this, and i think if i don't find any solution then i will obliged to use a virtual machine.

electronian

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Sometimes you can run a program on Windows 7 by changing the Compatibility Mode of the executable. I wouldn't normally try it, myself, but if you would like to try running an XP program in Windows 7, you can:
(1) locate the executable program file using Windows Explorer
(2) pop-up the property sheet for the file (right-click on it, and choose properties)
(3) click the Compatibility Tab
(4) check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" checkbox
(5) select (from the dropdown box) Windows XP, SP3 (or SP2, or whatever Windows version you want to "run" the program with)
(6) click "Apply"

c731673

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

Thanks a lot for answering.
You know, i thought about all these proposition (virtual machine, compatibility ...). I'm prefer installing the system xp.
Otherwise, i'll be obliged to use either virtual machine or compatibility or other solutions.