Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Crosshair IV Extreme and 3D Vision

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 24, 2010 10:12:22 PM

The ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme uses Lucid Hydra technology to let you mix and match gpus. I'm not really interested in mixing NVidia and ATI/AMD gpus, my real question is whether I can use this technology in conjunction with 3d Vision and PhysX. If the answer is no, what is the best solution for a NVidia/AMD combo?
a c 235 V Motherboard
September 24, 2010 10:48:11 PM

Are you looking to run a dual graphics card setup??

It is my understanding that this board is suppose to bring SLI to AMD on an AMD chipset. If you are planning to run a single card and a second card for PhysX, you befind either way since not in SLI (no bridge). The cards act independent of each other so it is all based on the Nvidia Drivers.
m
0
l
September 24, 2010 10:59:23 PM

tecmo34 said:
Are you looking to run a dual graphics card setup??

It is my understanding that this board is suppose to bring SLI to AMD on an AMD chipset. If you are planning to run a single card and a second card for PhysX, you befind either way since not in SLI (no bridge). The cards act independent of each other so it is all based on the Nvidia Drivers.

To be more clear, if I were to run two NVidia cards (say two 480s) using the Crosslinx 3/Hydra Engine technology, could I use 3D Vision* in that setup?
*PhysX is a lesser priority.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 24, 2010 11:26:45 PM

You only need 1 card to run Nvision if you have Nvidia drivers yes it will work and you could configure ur spare card to run PhysiX
m
0
l
September 24, 2010 11:32:49 PM

fishyfinners said:
You only need 1 card to run Nvision if you have Nvidia drivers yes it will work and you could configure ur spare card to run PhysiX

What I mean is if I run two 480s together using the hydra technology for a performance boost would that work with NVidia 3D Vision or does that only work with SLI? I don't want to run a second card with PhysX, that would defeat the point.
m
0
l
September 27, 2010 10:39:28 PM

So does nobody know? Am I not being clear enough?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 235 V Motherboard
September 27, 2010 10:55:58 PM

Nvidia 3D Vision will work with a single card or an SLI setup. If the motherboard supports SLI (which by all accounts it does) than it'll work with two cards in 3D Vision.
Share
September 28, 2010 10:03:20 PM

tecmo34 said:
Nvidia 3D Vision will work with a single card or an SLI setup. If the motherboard supports SLI (which by all accounts it does) than it'll work with two cards in 3D Vision.

It's not technically SLI, but I think you are right.
m
0
l
October 7, 2010 1:38:16 PM

Best answer selected by Drolyt.
m
0
l
!