Can i run gta 4 in low grafics with geforce 6150se nforce 430 and video memory s

G

hey i have nividia geforce 6150se nforce 430 and video memory size 512 inbilt on motherbord and i have AMD Athlon 64, and win xp sp3 with 1 gb RAM

shubham1401

Distinguished
There is no chance you can get playable performance with your rig.

Your processor is a bigger bottleneck than your Gfx card.Even dual cores can't run the game properly.
Even your RAM is less...
The game alone takes 2GB or more RAM.

But Still....You can play SAN ANDREAS ;)

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
Nope, I'm 100% Sure, I've even tried it.

Well, it will run, but it will be so slow it's almost gonna be a slideshow.

Even Devil May Cry 4, a PC game in which most people agree is a very well optimized game can't even run at the minimum FPS required for "decent" gameplay using a GeForce 6150SE. Not even a 7100 either. But the GeForce 8200 / Radeon 3200 can. But NOT GTA4.

magneezo

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2005
hey i have nividia geforce 6150se nforce 430 and video memory size 512 inbilt on motherbord and i have AMD Athlon 64, and win xp sp3 with 1 gb RAM
Those specs will barely run GTA San Andreas on a decent setting much less attempt to try to run the multi CPU/GPU starved GTA 4.
It takes at least an Athlon IIx2 and a good 9800GTX or better to run GTA 4 decently. Your resources for graphical power will only be around 500 if that.

magneezo

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2005

Well OK, but I like it totally maxed out at 1440x900/32 with everything at full tilt.
I've got a 6150se integrated on my mobo but I only gave it a day
being spoiled on 8800GT for two years, it was only a day before it was installed and sadly the 6150se disabled. LOL.

star0wns

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

You, are all wrong. The 6150SE graphics card IS playable. But you need more ram, for instance I have 4 gigs. And also, you will need to set EVERYTHING on low, get downgraded texture mod, and use the commandline.txt method. Watch this video, this guy can run GTA IV on his CPU, super low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh-bVksiEG8

I can run it on my CPU too. :] But just remember, get some more RAM, and mod the hell out of it to make it run smooth. lol

magneezo

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2005

OMG. Wow.
That looks like something off of Sega CD (see my avatar?)
That must be ultra low 50 resources and hop along driving.
I tried to load GTA 4 on an Athlon 64 3500+ with a 8800GT on Win XP last fall....
lets just say it took nearly 30 minutes to install the game then put up with the online thing...
then gameplay was beyond bad.
The car was just floating basically and wasn't even driveable.
I took Niko and his cousin for a ride...but we could never get off the boat dock and seemed stuck under the crane.

The new config I have plays it effortlessly with resouces at 1100.
They only thing toned down is Draw Distance which sits at a pleasant 40.
Everything else is maxxed out and at 1440x900 res.

If you're not running at least a dual core CPU it's just a sad thing to watch.
At least it was for me at the time.

I have the 6150 embedded on my mobo and have 6 gigs of Ram.
It was like torture though.
I laughed and moved on rather quickly.

vibinmohan

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
ONLY AIMED FOR MOVEMENT OF LATEST GRAPHICS CARDS IN MARKET

Using COMMANDLINE.TXT will help you.which is allowed by the game programme itself.
it will be enough if you have 1.5 GB RAM.

The GTA 4 is playing.More ram will not help us anymore .It doesn't works with most graphics cards released before 2007(will be unplayable slow).
there are memory restriction programmes with the game which works when finding an old graphics card and never allow it to perform its maximum
The game looks for the presence of newly purchased graphics cards in your PC-Aiming in market.
While playing GTA 4 a lot of unwanted textures are loading without considering whether the PC can handle them(cars in distant bridge with even the driver is visible