When I turn on my desktop computer i here no beeps the only thing that happens i

Status
Not open for further replies.

waddy1104

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Hello,
I have a Gateway DX4640-UB101A that's only about 15 months old. a couple of days ago I turned it on no beeps no nothing, just all fans running and a blinking power light. The monitor does not receive a signal from the computer. help some please

mrossco

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
No POST?

You may want to check your manual. Some PCs/motherboards use indicator lights instead of beeps. That blinking power light my be trying to tell you something.

Did you have it on for any length of time and then turn it off?
If so, heat build-up may have unseated something. You can try reseating your memory and PCI/PCI-E cards.

waddy1104

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

I had it on earlier for 1hr max, but I didn't have any problems. It was when I tried to turn it on later. It didn't give me any warning.

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006

When does a light go out? When the power state changes. Either off to on or on to off.

Note any pattern to the flashing light, for example, 3 flashes followed by a 2 second pause then 3 flashes. Let us know.

waddy1104

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

The light is going from on to off continuesly. it takes about 5 seconds to go from on to off, but no other pattern. the light is dimming from light to no light, and that process just starts over. it seems as if the computer is in some sort of sleep mode

waddy1104

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
The light is going from on to off continuesly. it takes about 5 seconds to go from on to off, but no other pattern. the light is dimming from light to no light, and that process just starts over. it seems as if the computer is in some sort of sleep mode

mrossco

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I didn't see anything that said you tried re-seating your components. Make sure you remove/re-install your RAM and any cards you have (i.e. video card, network card, tv tuner, etc.)

If that doesn't work, pull out the manual and reset your BIOS. It is usually done by setting a jumper somewhere near your CMOS battery.

waddy1104

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

I tried everything reseating, power supply, video card, bios nothing change. The only thing left is the motherboard. I will have that on monday. If that fails then I will look into getting a new computer

tupera

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
I am having the exact same problem. I have built a few systems in my day, and I can not even get this gateway to POST. The system just up and quit one day and now all you get is a power light that fades in and out. There is a speaker prebuilt into the Mobo, but you do not get any diagnostic beeps when you turn it on.

Also I installed a PCIe video card thinking in the Mobo video was bad and still nothing and I did get a fault light on my vid card (which I know works) so I'm thinking the mobo is bad.

Any further input would be appreciated!

G

I'm having the same issue and my computer is about 15 months old too. Checking around the net, I see a lot of Gateway customers with the problem. Most are concluding the problem is the mother board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS