Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best Graphic for Flight Simulator

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 6, 2010 8:38:55 AM

Hi Folks

I`v heard that Flight Simulator mostly needs the CPU power rather than graphic card Power!!! is it true?

so what graphic card do you recommend me?

My CPU is Q9550 and have 2*2 Gig of ram ( Bus 800).

Thank you so much
Joopin
a c 189 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
February 6, 2010 12:37:13 PM

Alright, u have a good rig there... :) 
What about your PSU? brand? model?
What is your current gpu?
How much do u want to spend?
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
February 6, 2010 1:36:14 PM

True - but graphics cards can still make a signficant difference.

THG used to include MSFS with the games in its graphic card charts, but stopped in 2008. However it might still provide enough info to help make a decision.

If you look at the scores for multiple cards in one game - you can see that this is one place where the nVidia cards dominate. Further, the advantage seems to end with the 9600 GT - faster cards even up to the GTX 280 - which in many games is more than twice as fast as the 9600 GT - are slower in MSFS.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-char...

Selecting some of the top cards for a more detailed comparison supports this. Unfortunately the sorting is not very good so you have to scroll to find the six MSFS scores which are for two settings at three different screen resolutions.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-char...

Here is a forum thread you might find interesting:

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=20685...

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=20674...
Related resources
February 7, 2010 4:43:04 PM

rockyjohn said:
True - but graphics cards can still make a signficant difference.

THG used to include MSFS with the games in its graphic card charts, but stopped in 2008. However it might still provide enough info to help make a decision.

If you look at the scores for multiple cards in one game - you can see that this is one place where the nVidia cards dominate. Further, the advantage seems to end with the 9600 GT - faster cards even up to the GTX 280 - which in many games is more than twice as fast as the 9600 GT - are slower in MSFS.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-char...

Selecting some of the top cards for a more detailed comparison supports this. Unfortunately the sorting is not very good so you have to scroll to find the six MSFS scores which are for two settings at three different screen resolutions.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-char...

Here is a forum thread you might find interesting:

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=20685...

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=20674...

Thank you so much.....that was great

February 7, 2010 4:48:46 PM

wa1 said:
Alright, u have a good rig there... :) 
What about your PSU? brand? model?
What is your current gpu?
How much do u want to spend?


Thanks
right now , i have Gforce 8600 GT with 1 gig of ram
my PSU is Green which is great and gives me real 580 watts

around 150$.............

is it possible to purchase something appropriate?

take a look at this video....what type graphic has used this gut do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykPLlcQSwKg
February 7, 2010 6:08:16 PM

joopin said:
Thanks
right now , i have Gforce 8600 GT with 1 gig of ram
my PSU is Green which is great and gives me real 580 watts

around 150$.............

is it possible to purchase something appropriate?

take a look at this video....what type graphic has used this gut do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykPLlcQSwKg

sli or cf stuff
!