It's like a completely different language
a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 18, 2012 10:46:00 PM

What CPU?
m
l
November 19, 2012 5:48:53 PM

Phenom II X4 955, but there are millions of guides for that, unfortunately I've never seen anything about this particular motherboard
It has the weirdest looking bios in the world
m
l
Related resources
a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 19, 2012 6:03:11 PM

*edit*

Is it a black edition?
m
l
November 20, 2012 12:57:10 PM

Lol yes, i HAVE OCed it before, but it's more like a makeshift overclock. Forget bios, overdrive doesnt even support this mobo
I wanna do a proper reliable oc with NB,HT,Loadline properly set, but can't figure all tat out
m
l
November 20, 2012 12:57:14 PM

Lol yes, i HAVE OCed it before, but it's more like a makeshift overclock. Forget bios, overdrive doesnt even support this mobo
I wanna do a proper reliable oc with NB,HT,Loadline properly set, but can't figure all tat out
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 1:02:42 PM

salh said:

Don't make it harder than it has to be.

Get some good cooling, adjust the multiplier, keep an eye on your voltage and temps, then enjoy your rig. (Your MB will increase voltage -on its own-when you increase the multiplier)

The HT link only needs to be adjusted when you have locked multiplier, and the NB adjustments are generally for that last little sliver of performance, that you will only notice in benchmarks. -Generally not woth the trouble.
m
l
November 20, 2012 1:15:28 PM

uwaaanh :(  then i'll never be a real overclocker!
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 1:20:02 PM

If it makes you feel any better, using the multi to OC still has risks. If you don't watch your temps, you could damage your CPU over time, and if you don't watch your voltages you could "let the smoke out" of your CPU. (Damage it in no time flat)

So overclocking with the multi still requires some level of skill. (You may even need to run a negative offset voltage because MB's tend to get greedy with voltage when the multi goes up.)
m
l
November 20, 2012 3:28:14 PM

Z1NONLY said:
If it makes you feel any better, using the multi to OC still has risks. If you don't watch your temps, you could damage your CPU over time, and if you don't watch your voltages you could "let the smoke out" of your CPU. (Damage it in no time flat)

So overclocking with the multi still requires some level of skill. (You may even need to run a negative offset voltage because MB's tend to get greedy with voltage when the multi goes up.)

I took this to 4.2(or 3) for benchmarking, got pretty hot. Back then i didnt know how to stability check, but if it could run long demanding benches, good enough for me
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 4:17:49 PM

Keep the voltage below 1.45v and the temps below 55C. (under full load)

If it's unstable add a little voltage until you get to 1.45v or 55C.

m
l
!