Sign in with
Your question

AAFP Connections for P5K-E Asus Motherboard

Last response: in Systems
February 14, 2010 8:41:40 PM

Hello, I want to connect the front panel wires to my internal AAFP connections so that I can use a headset with Mic. I do not know how to hook up the wires. The only one I know for sure is the Ground then there is r-out and L-out and then R-Return and L-Return and mic out and one other one. If someone has a diagram or how to do this it would be helpful. I have the manual but so far it has not helped me
a b B Homebuilt system
February 15, 2010 1:38:27 AM

It's in your manual for sure, usually it's called front panel audio or the likes. Look deeper, it's in there somewhere :) 
m
l
February 15, 2010 2:02:47 AM

does the case have unified connectors or are they all seperate
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2010 3:05:16 AM

number13 said:
does the case have unified connectors or are they all seperate

They are all separate
m
l
February 15, 2010 3:10:02 AM

jack_attack said:
It's in your manual for sure, usually it's called front panel audio or the likes. Look deeper, it's in there somewhere :) 

It is listing in the manual but it does not really help me on all of them. Like I originally posted I can confirm the ground connection and the R&L return connections also the R&L Out but I Have 2 other wires to connect One is Mic out and right now I forget the name of the other one I tried to guess but now sound came out of the headset and my windows did not acknowledge it when I booted up, therefore I am assuming I have it connected wrong. Instead of playing around for a few hours I though maybe I could get some expert advise here instead. Looking for a quick way out I guess
m
l
February 15, 2010 3:23:33 AM

the jumpers on the Audio header are connected to audio out/return, all you need to do is get it connected correctly, but like jack_attack said it should be in your manual
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 15, 2010 4:16:36 AM

But, did you REALLY read the manual? If you're using older hardware, you might need to switch your BIOS to LEGACY/AC97. Might solve your issue, did mine.
m
l
February 15, 2010 11:31:59 AM

I will work on it today using the manual as I did before, maybe I am missing something and will let you know how I make out
m
l
!