AAFP Connections for P5K-E Asus Motherboard

Hello, I want to connect the front panel wires to my internal AAFP connections so that I can use a headset with Mic. I do not know how to hook up the wires. The only one I know for sure is the Ground then there is r-out and L-out and then R-Return and L-Return and mic out and one other one. If someone has a diagram or how to do this it would be helpful. I have the manual but so far it has not helped me
7 answers Last reply
More about aafp connections asus motherboard
  1. It's in your manual for sure, usually it's called front panel audio or the likes. Look deeper, it's in there somewhere :)
  2. does the case have unified connectors or are they all seperate
  3. number13 said:
    does the case have unified connectors or are they all seperate

They are all separate
  4. jack_attack said:
    It's in your manual for sure, usually it's called front panel audio or the likes. Look deeper, it's in there somewhere :)

It is listing in the manual but it does not really help me on all of them. Like I originally posted I can confirm the ground connection and the R&L return connections also the R&L Out but I Have 2 other wires to connect One is Mic out and right now I forget the name of the other one I tried to guess but now sound came out of the headset and my windows did not acknowledge it when I booted up, therefore I am assuming I have it connected wrong. Instead of playing around for a few hours I though maybe I could get some expert advise here instead. Looking for a quick way out I guess
  5. the jumpers on the Audio header are connected to audio out/return, all you need to do is get it connected correctly, but like jack_attack said it should be in your manual
  6. But, did you REALLY read the manual? If you're using older hardware, you might need to switch your BIOS to LEGACY/AC97. Might solve your issue, did mine.
  7. I will work on it today using the manual as I did before, maybe I am missing something and will let you know how I make out
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Motherboards Systems