Sign in with
Your question
Solved

My computer freezes then doesnt boot after some time it does...

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 22, 2010 8:23:50 PM

Hi guys
well im having some issues with my pc:

this are my components

i7 920 a 2.66 GHz, Socket 1366, QPI 4.8GT/s, L3 Cache 8MB, Quad-Core, 45nm
Intel DX58SO, ChipSet Intel X58 Express
ADATA DDR3, PC3-10600 (1333Mhz), 2GB
ADATA DDR3, PC3-10600 (1333Mhz), 2GB
Seagate de 500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA II
SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon HD 5850, 1GB DDR5, HDMI y DisplayPort, DirectX 11, Puerto PCI Express 2.0
NZXT Lexa S
COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro 850W

3 fans @ 2000 12mm 2 on top 1 back outake
2 12mm in intake front and side

Ok the problem im having is that whem im in windows ultimate 64 bits or playing or w/e the pc just freezes and i have to turn it of from the power switch then when i turn it on again it doesnt boot it only does after some minutes

the interesting point here is that i have been checking temps and doing tests and here are some results

my Mobo temp is always at 40 C and my gpu temps are ok....

any ideas i will apreciate a lot some help.

Ty
April 22, 2010 10:53:10 PM

I'm not an Intel guy but it's been a while and no-one has said anything to you so here goes.

Are those max temps correct? If so there's your problem. I would sh!t myself if my temps spiked to that even for a millisecond.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 23, 2010 2:28:04 AM

If this were an old computer I would say that the hard disk was faulty, but as this is a new computer then my guess would be that the power supply was faulty. Try running you hard disk manufactures hard disk test utility and swap the power supply.
m
l
Related resources
April 23, 2010 3:53:35 AM

im gonna check the HD i dont have an other psu ? do u know if theres some way to check it ?
m
l
April 23, 2010 6:07:25 AM

HDD is ok,
im new at this but i just saw that sometimes the bios screen apear some time it doesnt and shows windows 7 start screen directly when i power my pc, an other thing is that with CPU-Z the bus speed changes from 332.2 to 333.3 is it normal ? it was on 335 duno why. i changed it on the bios.
m
l
April 23, 2010 6:07:50 AM

multiplier also changes from 21 to 22
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 23, 2010 6:31:22 AM

It sounds like it is your memory. Try increasing the memory voltage a bit.
m
l
April 23, 2010 7:23:39 AM

memory V = 1.54 V its ok ?
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2010 1:46:57 AM

lexrg said:
memory V = 1.54 V its ok ?

ADATA specifies your memory for 1.55V - 1.75V

I would increase it to 1.58V at least just to make sure it is working OK. I also just noticed your maximum CPU temperatures as another user pointed out earlier. Anything above 75C is pretty high and could by itself explain why you are getting those freezes. Re-check your CPU heatsink installation. If necessary remove, check the paste underneath, make sure the heatsink is sitting EVENLY on the CPU, tighten up (do not use excessive force and break anything), reboot and check your CPU temperatures again.
m
l
April 29, 2010 7:13:01 AM

just increased the V to 1.58, im gonna use the computer some days to se how it does, thanks for the help, i apreciate it a lot.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2010 2:59:28 AM

lexrg said:
just increased the V to 1.58, im gonna use the computer some days to se how it does, thanks for the help, i apreciate it a lot.

You are welcome. Just don't forget to check your CPU heatsink and temperatures as well!
m
l
May 1, 2010 6:06:55 AM

did the change, problem persist, after the last freeze i decided to check all the instaltion and found this

the person that installed the pc pluged the Northbridge fan to the mobo on the front fan pin, just changed that ,also the fans were conected directly to the PSU and also to te regulator speed of the Lxa s changed that too, also i changed the speed of the cpu fan to 1900rpm iddle so my temps now are 10 C lower,

do u think one of this fact may be the respnsable of this issue ?

im gonna check my sistem for th next days and see how it works.

thanks forthe help again

m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
May 3, 2010 1:00:50 AM

lexrg said:
did the change, problem persist, after the last freeze i decided to check all the instaltion and found this

the person that installed the pc pluged the Northbridge fan to the mobo on the front fan pin, just changed that ,also the fans were conected directly to the PSU and also to te regulator speed of the Lxa s changed that too, also i changed the speed of the cpu fan to 1900rpm iddle so my temps now are 10 C lower,

do u think one of this fact may be the respnsable of this issue ?

im gonna check my sistem for th next days and see how it works.

thanks forthe help again

I do not think the fans connections have anything to do with your freezing problems, except in the rare case where a fan connected on the motherboard would draw a lot of power, but that would usually lead to a component fail on the motherboard and that would be the end of it.

It is a good sign that your temperatures have gone down by 10C, but the CPU temp would still be high. Remove the CPU heatsink (if you have not already done so) check underneath and resit it properly.
May 3, 2010 4:58:11 AM

just bought a V8 it arrives tomorrow im gonna install it. and see how much grades T drops

what about Amps ? perhaps a diferent current in the northbridge fan pin ? that in the front fan pin ?
m
l
May 4, 2010 1:18:59 AM

changed it, tems went down 25 C WOW........
max tem 57 at full load

lets se how this goes about the freezes
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 4, 2010 5:33:47 AM

lexrg said:
changed it, tems went down 25 C WOW........
max tem 57 at full load

lets se how this goes about the freezes

Woa!!!!!!! Something bad was happening there! Congratulations on your new equipment and results! Fingers crossed you will be ok now. :) 
m
l
May 5, 2010 6:33:09 AM

Best answer selected by lexrg.
m
l
May 5, 2010 6:35:15 AM

no freeze atm lets keep checking =)
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2010 12:19:23 AM