Sign in with
Your question

Water Cooling Intel i7 3770k

Last response: in Overclocking
November 18, 2012 7:48:09 PM

I would like to water cool my 3770k. I am thinking of getting a Pre-Made cooler, or one to make myself. For the pre-made I am thinking of getting either a Corsair H80 or an Antec Kuhler 920 but I can't decide which is better. A lot of people are saying the fans are very noisy which is a problem, I was looking at the Noctua fans but they aren't as powerful as the stock fans that come with the H80/920 (are they still good to get, they are also rather expensive).

For a custom water cooler, I have no idea what to get, a youtuber that goes by TBNRFrags put a list of his water cool parts and he is able to get his Core i7 at 5ghz, however I just want 4.5ghz or something around that. I posted his parts below.

My PC Specs
MSI P67A-G45 (overclocking compatible)
Apevia X Trooper Mid Tower Case

Youtuber's Custom Cooler Specs-
EK XT 360mm Radiator
EK XT 120mm Radiator
EK High Flow Water Block
Swiftech MCP35X Pump Revision 2b
Swiftech MCP36XR2 Reservoir
a c 223 à CPUs
a c 136 K Overclocking
November 19, 2012 7:31:18 PM

Either get the H100 or stick to air. H80 is good, but expensive for what you get. You would be better of with the Noctua NF-D14 or Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme.

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/thermalright_silve...

As you can see the H100 is worth it but its very load. LOL
If you replace the fans it would be better. But its hard to find a quiet but good fan.

For a 4.5GHz OC you don't need such a huge cooler anyway. A normal air cooler will do.
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 2:58:57 PM

If you want water, do a real loop, the sticky at the top will help you get started and figure the basics out,
I'd ignore TBNRFrags 5GHz, every single chip is different and will overclock to a different limit, his W/c kit is solid though,
Those rads perform best around the 1800 rpm mark which may or may not be a little loud depending on your tastes,
If you like peace and quiet, overrad and choose low Fpi radiators, this allows you to run fans at 6-800Rpm which is very quiet by most measures,
W/c desires are mostly decided by budget though, what are you prepared to spend on the cooling solution?
Moto
m
l
!