Sign in with
Your question

Looking for monitor suggestions

Last response: in Systems
February 14, 2010 9:20:34 PM

I've got a 5850 and my current 22" monitor is not doing it justice. I'd like to keep it around or under $400... what's the biggest/best I can get?

I'll be using the monitor for gaming, and I don't do any video or image editing. The stand is unimportant, as I'll be wall-mounting the screen.

OK go!

More about : monitor suggestions

a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
February 14, 2010 11:03:54 PM

^+1... The Hanns-G 28" monitor is a great monitor for the price...
Related resources
February 14, 2010 11:11:37 PM

what's the benefits of LED screens?
a b 4 Gaming
February 14, 2010 11:30:02 PM

well...old, normal monitors have CCFL backlighting, which is why on LCD's, the black levels arent good, and the contrast ratios arent high (compared to plasma and LED). with LED, the monitor is backlit by LED lights, which without going through tons of science and such, gives it a higher contrast ratio...look at the led tvs and monitors, even though what they say isnt true at all, you will still see that LEDS get into the several millions, where as LCD (CCFL backlit) can barely get into several thousands. higher contrast ratio means truer blacks, which translates into deeper, truer, more vivd colors. LED's also use less energy, are thiner, eventually should cost less, and eventually will give better response time, but by the time the response time and cost less comes, OLED will probably already be out and kicking...if that was confusing, haha wait for an explanation of LED H-IPS screens with the full color spectrum of 1.07 billion colors...i really want to see a crayola crayon box with 1.07 billion crayons :lol: 
!