Solved

Newbie to water cooling please help!

Last response: in Overclocking
November 18, 2012 9:11:01 PM

My specs right now:

CPU: i5-2500k
GPU: GTX 560 ti SC
Case: Gamma classic series

For Christmas I am going to upgrade my gpu to either a 660 ti or a 670 and my case I am either going to get a CM HAF X or a Rosewill Thor v2.

I would like to water cool my cpu and gpu, I've never done any kind of water cooling so this will be my very first time. I read the sticky and I still don't completely understand everything so I need help getting the necessary parts.

My budget is ~$170 maybe give about $30 - $50. Is cooling my cpu and gpu with this kind of budget possible? If so please tell me good parts that I will need and or a cooling kit.

If you have anymore questions just ask! Thanks!

More about : newbie water cooling

November 18, 2012 9:37:36 PM

Someone help I really need advise and suggestions
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 19, 2012 12:35:24 AM

CPU only? Yes. Adding GPU? Doubtful. Have you read through the sticky? It discusses some products in those price ranges. If there are items in the sticky you aren't sure of, the first thing you should do is re-read it a few times and then post the questions you are unsure of.
Related resources
November 19, 2012 1:01:00 AM

I've read it multiple times now its just overwhelming because this will be my first time so I just want someone to tell me the names of the parts I need to cool my cpu and maybe gpu if that price range is possible. So can someone tell me the names of the parts I should get for my budget? Thanks!
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 19, 2012 1:30:46 PM

Just giving you the answers isn't going to help you much when it comes time for assembly, cleaning, upgrades or any problems. I realize there is a lot of data, but in all honesty, it's pretty simple stuff once you step back and look at it. Also, we aren't sure what is best for your system and your budget as well as your expectations.

What you are going to want to look at is the sticky- there are several options listed for beginner kits:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky#t1992132
m
l
December 4, 2012 2:55:41 AM

Best answer selected by Jordannn15.
m
l
!