Sign in with
Your question

New Loop Under Construction

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
November 18, 2012 10:20:24 PM

I have been reading and posting on this for quite some time and finally installed the first radiator and need advice on some other parts.

My case is a Corsair 600T white editition and the top has been cut out to allow a 360 radiator in the inside top area.
Will cool a I5 2500K to start and will add a block to my GTX 680 later.

What I have) Phobya 200mm radiator in the front where the stock 200 fan mounts with the 200 from the top push pull(installed)
8) 1/2 high flow barbs 8 G1/4 extenders 12 FT blue 1/2 id x 3/4 od DD dreamflex tubing 3 Aerocool shark 120mm fans

What I need Pump RES and 360 RAD so I need advice.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/xsextr12ra.html
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmcqupo3xbl.html
The 2 360 RADS i have considered are Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power 3X120mm Radiator and the XSPC EX360 Triple 120mm Copper / Brass Radiator These are about 34mm thick and will fit well and are made for low to medium fans.

Pump not sure but this one I really like http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16994/ex-res-422/Aqua...

Block I will be using the XSPC Raystorm for sure.
The remaining parts will be ordered in the next few days so any ideas will help.

More about : loop construction

a b K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 1:03:53 AM

I have now ordered the remaining parts to build my loop.
(1) Alphacool VPP65T D5 variable speed pump
(1) Koolance D5 Pump top and reservoir adaptor
(1) Each Koolance tubular reservoirs 80mm x 200mm 80mm 60mm(ebay deal all 3 came with the pump)
(1) XSPC Raystorm CPU block for intel
(1) Swiftech MRC320 Quiet Power 360 radiator
(1) Phobya Xtream 200 Radiator
(2) 1 liter EK EKOOLANT premix uv blue
For fittings I bought an assortment of Phobya Rotary compression fittings and standard Phobya compressin fittings all size 3/8 id x 5/8 od
Tubing is the dreamflex 3/8 x 5/8

I want to make sure that I have not missed anything to complete the loop once the parts arrive.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 10:57:05 AM

Make sure you get something to cut the tubing with I hate cutting them with my flay knives. LOL
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 12:34:06 PM

I got that covered with a danger den tubing cutter.
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 12:38:28 PM

I wouldn't have got the fluid but nvm, I think you will probably need more than a litre for that loop anyway
Grab some plain distilled water and a killcoil instead of the fluid and you're good to go
Moto
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 1:32:21 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
I wouldn't have got the fluid but nvm, I think you will probably need more than a litre for that loop anyway
Grab some plain distilled water and a killcoil instead of the fluid and you're good to go
Moto

Is the fluid from EK bad or just coolants in general vs distilled water having a higher heat transfer ability.

The EK was highly recomended by the GM at Frozen CPU.
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 6:33:06 PM

Premix coolants in general, plain distilled has the best heat transfer, and ofc the guys at FCpu recommend them, they sell it :p 
Moto
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 26, 2012 4:59:57 AM

No coolants are fine there just not as good for cooling as distilled water. and theres the possibility of staining the tubing and fins in the cpu/gpu block. but they add a level of anti corrosives to the build.
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
November 26, 2012 5:16:58 AM

thequn said:
No coolants are fine there just not as good for cooling as distilled water. and theres the possibility of staining the tubing and fins in the cpu/gpu block. but they add a level of anti corrosives to the build.

They can also gunk up your blocks.

Colored tubing+distilled water+killcoil/ptnuke.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 26, 2012 11:39:34 PM

I got the pump today since it was used is there any tips for making sure it is good to go.
I have looped the inlet/outlet and powered it up to make sure it runs and all seems good.
The unit came with a 60mm reservoir 2 90s 2 1/2 barbs and 2 additional reservoirs a 200mm and a 70mm both still sealed

" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
November 29, 2012 6:56:25 AM

That's the pump I have! :D 

Run it at 1-2 setting, it's much quieter, and there really is no need for anything above those 2 settings.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
November 30, 2012 2:34:09 AM

I just filled the loop and have it set to run all night to test and have it on 2 and that is quiet to me.
The top RAD still has some air because I hear the air pockets moving around and I have tilted in all directions to release most of the traped air. My White Corsair braided cable set will be here tommorow and I will get her completed over the weekend and get some pictures. The sticky notes and looking and many other rigs and advice really helped get this done.
Sneak peak

m
l
!