Sign in with
Your question

How do i transfer my windows 7 from a 100gb partition in a 2tb WD hdd to a 100gb

Last response: in Storage
February 21, 2012 10:38:27 PM

I have a 100gb windows partition on a 2tb WD hdd that i want to move onto a new 1tb seagate drive.... how can i do that with all the boot partitions intact?
a b G Storage
February 21, 2012 11:09:13 PM

You have to use software to "clone" the old drive to the new drive. Most HDD manufacturers provide free cloning software on their support websites. You will likely need to re-partition the cloned drive to use it full capacity. For that, EaseUS offers some free for home use partitioning software that work on 32-bit and 64-bit systems on its website.
m
l
a b G Storage
February 24, 2012 12:54:10 AM

sritej20 said:
I have a 100gb windows partition on a 2tb WD hdd that i want to move onto a new 1tb seagate drive.... how can i do that with all the boot partitions intact?

In your situation, you could migrate your Windows system partition from your old hard drive to your new hard drive by using some partition software, and most free partition software (such as Partition Assistant Home Edition) integrates the feature “Partition clone”. You could download them from most download website such as CNET, etc..Here is a detail tutorial about “how to clone your system partition to another hard disk”. I think this feature could help you.

Note: To migrate the windows 7 OS, you need not only clone the system partition but also the “system reserved” partition.
Best Regards

Here I replenish some famous partition software:
open source software: Gparted
Free software: Partition Assistant, EaseUS Partition Master, Partition Wizard,
advanced software: Acronis Disk Director (this software maybe the most powerful partition software, unfortunately it is not a freeware, and the price may a little high)

Hope this information could help you
m
l
Related resources
!