Psu ive never heard of...

shovenose

Distinguished
at the local electronic store, i saw the following psu...

400 watt
brand: zumax
20/24 pin mobo
sata
dual 80mm fans(back and botton)
12v1: 15amps
12v2: 14amps
for 47.99

is this a good psu? would it be better than this? and by how much would it be better?
400watt
lp-6100d
25amps on single 12volt rail
dual 80mm fans(back andside facing toward front of pc case)
20pin
no sata

thank you...
also, i have a $20 store creidt for this store.
also, there is a 500watt version also made by zumax, but im not sure about prcie and specs.

It's a cheaper brand. Of the two, the second zumax with 120mm fan would be a better choice. If they carry any decent brands, such as antec, they may be priced higher than newegg even with your $20 credit. You might be better off using the credit for something else.

It's not junk, just not a tier one or two ps. The best ones pass all their tests under load; the cheaper brands may fail or overheat under stress. In europe, the brands may be different, but these I know are good: corsair, pc power and cooling, antec, seasonic, enermax, and some ocz models.

shovenose

Distinguished
im in california, usa.
i know which brands are good. if you pay attention i do make many psu recommendations in this forum. i am wondering if zumax was terrible like most of the other crappy psus ive never heard of. this litttle store where i would buy this is a sort of components/specialty store. here is the link to their website.
http://electronicplus.com/