No memory left on 25 gb hard drive ho doi fix it

bleachedpc

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
I need help I use a old p4 with a 25gb hard drive it is now running with 0mb on the drive I took some pictues and programs of something seems to be eating the memory one it I thinking virs but not sure i defrag it use ccleaner nothing helps this was my first computer that i work on and then learned to biuld computers as a hobby i want to save it is there a way to tranfer the operating sytem and everthing on to a new drive if need thanks for your time

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
move pictures and music to either USB devices or burn to a disk, then you'll have some room and can Ghost the drive, if you already ran the HDD out of space, less than 400MB, then you have already compromised the system and may need to do a reinstall of the OS to restore functionallity

bleachedpc

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
could you tell me how to ghost the drive t0 160gb drive step by step once i do it will the os and everything run off it and could i take the old 25gb out and run it with 160gb drive i never did this before could it also ghost to extrenal any help can give will be much apercaited thanks