Windows 7 setup - SATA III Driver install fails

Schoors

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Hi,

I'm trying to get my win7 setup going but during the RAID driver setup screen it goes wrong. I put the drivers on a USB disk from the motherbord support CD and the drivers are being detected by windows setup, but when i select them and click next, they seem to install(dont get any confirmation of succesfull install) but i do get a window that says "No new hardware found".

Even ik i put both RIAD controllers (Intell and Marvell) in IDE mode i still get the screen for selecting drivers when it should skip that(i cannot select the RAID drivers in the Win7 setup when in IDE mode)

Please advise on what i can try next. Hardware setup below

Asus 1155 SABERTOOTH P67 INTEL rev3.0
Western Digital 3.5" SATA3 2TB Caviar Green
Intel 1155 Core i7-2600K 3.4Ghz OC
Gainward nvidia GTX580 3GB CUDA PHANTOM
Corsair DDR3 8GB 1600 2x4GB Vengeance

D

Deleted member 217926

What are you trying to run RAID on? You only listed one hard drive.

Schoors

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I only want to connect 1 HD, thats why i put the controllers in IDE mode, but even then i get the driver install screen. Thats the strange thing, because when the controllers are in IDE mode i shouldn't need any raid drivers

D

Deleted member 217926

You should have the controllers in AHCI mode. You are going to need all the speed you can get with that slow WD Green drive.

I guess you are installing Windows on that 5900RPM Green drive? With a 2600K and a GTX580 that is like putting bicycle tires on a Ferrari. Crippling. If price was an issue you should have got a 500GB performance drive until you can afford an SSD.

After installing the drivers, remove the USB thumb drive before clicking "Next". See if that works.

NO Drivers should be need.
Set the Bios to ahci in BIOS (There may be two places).
use The ITEL sata Port port, NOT the marvel port. (Sata II is fine, do NOT need Sata III for a HDD).
Insert windows Install disk and select custom Install.
.. Most likely you have a "bad partition" set up causing a problem and you need to delete it.
REMOVE all Partitions, then select the unpartition drive to install to.