Sign in with
Your question

Are pump + resovoirs good?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 20, 2012 12:27:28 PM

Hello,

I was just about to buy all my parts for my water cooling pc and the resovoir I was going to use is out of stock. So I am looking for a new one and I saw this one

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17567/ex-res-434/XSPC...

Is that good or should I just go with a regular pump and resovoir. If I do go with a regular resovoir is there any differences between a Cylinder res or a bay res?

Thanks in advance

More about : pump resovoirs good

a c 190 K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 1:01:02 PM

There is no difference between cylinder or bay reservoirs other than the aesthetic,
I have two of the Xspc Reservoir/pump combos on my loop and they are fine,
but the small 250Ml cylinder resses will separate the air bubbles from the water just as well
Moto
m
l
November 20, 2012 4:50:27 PM

What would you recamend
m
l
Related resources
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 5:03:04 PM

Whatever fits your budget and will fit in your case (If you want to mount it internally ofc)
I have two frozenQ liquid fusion reservoirs mounted externally in addition to the two Bay reservoirs which look spectacular but they are expensive, its about what you want to spend on them, as performance is not a deciding factor with reservoirs like it is with other components, you can even build your loop without a res if you wished to
Moto
m
l
November 21, 2012 1:03:25 PM

Is the pump in that one res good compared to a regular one?
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 21, 2012 2:03:41 PM

ThatMoose said:
Is the pump in that one res good compared to a regular one?

The which one compared to the what one?
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 21, 2012 2:52:25 PM

The X20 750l pump in the Xspc reservoir is decent enough, but they also do a D5 variant with the Laing D5 pump in there, it costs more ofc but the D5 is a solid pump and most would opt for that over the X20
Moto
m
l
November 24, 2012 12:34:21 AM

The res I was comparing it to was the bits power water tank z-250.
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 24, 2012 7:59:30 AM

Its a higher volume unit, assuming you have the pump outside variant, which in a normal loop allows you a longer time before your loops temperature equalises, in an extreme loop mass volume can be used to lower load temps but you are talking at least 4L of total liquid and some serious rads for this effect to start
I'd take the Xspc over the bitspower personally but thats partially because the bitspower is too small for my purposes, in a normal-sized loop it will do the job just fine, allowing you to bleed the air out of there
and as always, personal choice and budget is what is important, out of the two choices, which speaks to you?
Moto
m
l
November 25, 2012 1:53:39 PM

I really like that bits power one. When or if I get it I'm going to try to mount it on the side of my corsair 800D with some LED lights behind it!
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 25, 2012 6:30:52 PM

Should be good, have fun and ask if theres any part of it you're unsure on,
before you drill holes etc in your case :) 
Moto
m
l
!