Sign in with
Your question

Is it even possible?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 20, 2012 5:57:19 PM

i want to ask you guys, how sandy bridge i7 2700k on stressing prime95 for 12 hours @5ghz clock still manage to stay at 50 degree celc?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/6787fe63window...

so i want to know about your opinion, did he use extreme cooling that extreme overclockers do? like liquid nitrogen? or if possible, can you tell me how can it be?

for room temp only ac and in my country there's never be "winter"

More about : question

a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 6:04:21 PM

Can't zoom in to read that but yes,
its more than possible on good water cooling, some of us would even say that 50'c is way too high and adjust our loops to improve it further :) 
Moto
November 20, 2012 6:19:47 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Can't zoom in to read that but yes,
its more than possible on good water cooling, some of us would even say that 50'c is way too high and adjust our loops to improve it further :) 
Moto

ah i see, thanks for the info. and uh, good water cooling. can corsair H100 do like that?
Related resources
a c 103 à CPUs
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 6:30:39 PM

H100 is the best of the allinone setups,
but I think it would struggle to get you those kind of temps unless your ambient temperature is reasonably low as well,
even most waterloops are restricted by ambient temps,
a rare few are powerful enough to get a low enough delta to sustain low load temps (30-40'c on Cpu and gfx cards)

Moto
November 20, 2012 6:51:14 PM

yes, i think H100 will strugle too in the 1st place. but i doubt that somehow because in other forum i told them stressing in prime95 usually make cpu hot ( perhaps i wrong, idk ) idk if trolling or its because me made a mistake with earlier sentence, then one person told me that " so stressing will cause cpu hot, how about this " so he gave me that pics, and before that he show me fx 8150 bulldozer cpu ran at 4.8ghz at 33 degree with prime run at 6 hours. he kind of pin point me somehow :s
a c 92 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 6:59:19 PM

open loop watercooling with huge tank (sometimes with added ice block to bring down temperature ) will do that..
November 20, 2012 9:12:58 PM

thanks for the replied, that's all clear my thought.
!