Closed

True Processor speed

Tags:
  • Intel
  • Overclocking
  • Processors
Last response: in Overclocking
November 20, 2012 6:42:39 PM

Just recently I tried overclocking my i7-3770k for the standard 3.5ghz to 4.0ghz in the Bios. Everything is working properly, expect there is not a big change in performance or readings from programs like Speedfan and CPUID. Is there any way/program that can tell me my true clock speed? Any response would be great, thanks.

More about : true processor speed

Best solution

a b å Intel
a b K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 7:09:28 PM

500Mhz addition for your processor speed will not make a huge boost to your processor performance..barely noticeable for your daily application..it just 14% gain from the stock clock..
try to push it until 4.5 to reach a "new world"..:D 

mmm, i don't get the point that you said not big change in reading program like Speedfan and cpuid..

as far as i know, cpuz (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html) is the standart tool to observer your cpu configuration..including your core clock speed..
AIDA from lavalyst is another good software..
a b K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 7:46:38 PM

What leads you to the conclusion that there "is not a big change in performance?" Have you done any benchmarks?
Score
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
November 20, 2012 9:05:17 PM

You need to run benchmarks before and after the overclock is enabled to really see the difference. With normal use, you may not see much of a difference.
Score
November 20, 2012 10:14:56 PM

Just ran my benchmarks and brought it up to 4.2
Thanks for all the answers you guys
Score
November 20, 2012 10:15:20 PM

Best answer selected by conngrand.
Score
!