Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Drivers
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2010 2:20:03 AM

running 2 raptors with xp on 1 and vista on the other. latest driver only works for the last installed.......xp . would vista driver work for xp also???? xp only supports xp, not vista........

More about : drivers

February 7, 2010 2:49:33 AM

What drivers for what component are you trying to find?
m
l
February 7, 2010 3:04:44 AM

paperfox said:
What drivers for what component are you trying to find?

i'm trying to find out why the ATI drivers are not working on the h/d with vista installed........
the ATI drivers are running crysis ok on the h/d with xp pro installed.........
at one time the older radeon drivers worked on both os's, before they took a dump.....
i'd hate to have to install drivers every time i boot to one or the other os....
m
l
Related resources
February 7, 2010 3:19:09 AM

Go to AMD website and download the latest Vista drivers, they are different from the XP ones. Fill out the 4 dropdown menus on the top right hand corner.
m
l
February 7, 2010 12:45:53 PM

I have done that. What I have is one box, one graphics card, one motherboard, two hard drives. One has xp, one has vista. I see the drivers are different, however at a earlier time one set of drivers ran on both os's. They went south and now I have this problem of good graphics only on the os that has the proper driver.....

I was testing which os was the best for gaming at the time and like some of both. And yes my next box will be windows 7- 64 bit. Was wondering if anyone knows a work around.......

Hope that clarifies my prob........
m
l
a b \ Driver
February 9, 2010 9:45:46 PM

Which Ati card is it?
m
l
February 10, 2010 10:04:16 PM

don't laugh now, radeon x800xL
m
l