dainjel

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
hello people.

Last night i though, why not clean my computer and so I did.
I also took the CPU cooler out and cleaned IT and took some new cooler pasta, put everything back together and my computer was 80C idle.
I turned off the computer again and try fix the cooler but nothing helped. My computer was 100C when i enterered a game.

so i bought i new cpu cooler today, and my computer is 31C idle, but when i enter Battlefield BC2, it goes up to 80C and above.

What can it bee wrong ?

exela

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Did you apply correctly the cpu thermal paste ? The problem that you have usually appear when the cooler it's wrong equipped or the paste it's incorrectly applied.

Three reasons for high temps

■Heat Sink Not tight or not seated properly
■Thermal paste wasnt put on or not enough was applied
■Too much Thermal paste can also be bad

A little off topic but hi exela its nice to see a few females on here considering this site is 98% male hope you stick around. :)

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
Re-check your mount and if it looks ok re-mount it anyway.
If the TIM spread looks ok then it may be the DT sensor screwing
up.

One way to tell would be to feel around the heatsink while it is idle and loaded.

G

hey.....

The same problem I have heard much times,try reapplying the paste,resetting the cooler and also as last resort which will definatly work is reinstallingit onboard.The last one always work,If u r not sure about the installation try contacting me or best one is experts on google.Actually it is possible(according to my elder bro and me too) that cooler might be stopping while playing the bf2,as u play the intense lays pressure and leads to heatbut it is suprising that it raised upto 80, looking at the situation,u might have overclocked the CPU right ?,Well the last option worked for my girlfriend,it should work for u.

good luck comrade....

regards.....