Change SSD from IDE to ACHI

wink0503

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
I read some posts and followed directions to change the registry and then go into the BIOS to change PCH SATA from IDE to ACHI. I appears everything was successful. The WEI primary hard disk increased from 7.6 to 7.9. So again I think the switch when well.

My question is before the change during startup it would show the Gigabyte splash screen then loading operating system. However, now after the splash screen it show this:

Serial ATA ACHI BIOS, Version iSrc 1.20E
Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Intel Corporation
** This version only supports only Hard Disk an CDROM drives**
Please wait. This will take a few seconds.

Controller Bus#00, Divice#1F, Function#02: 06 Ports, 03 Devices
Port-00: Hard Disk, Patroit Wildfire
Port-01: Hard Disk, ST1000DM003-9YN162
Port-02: CDROM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST c
Port-03: No device detected
Port-04: No device detected
Port-05: No device detected
ACHI BIOS installed

(Only for a second or two)

Then the loading operating system.

Just wanted to know if this "new" screen was normal to see during every startup. Since it was different it caught my eye and would just like to learn about it.

Solution
In gigabytes Bios, there is an option to turn off (or on)the splash screen (I always turn it off),
so it *is* normal.

Jim

P.S, I did the same thing to my board, changed to ACJI after the install, it works find, you probably don't need any driver from their site.

jimpz

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
In gigabytes Bios, there is an option to turn off (or on)the splash screen (I always turn it off),
so it *is* normal.

Jim

P.S, I did the same thing to my board, changed to ACJI after the install, it works find, you probably don't need any driver from their site.

Solution