Hello all!

I have received my new computer parts today,

Ram: Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL8 3x2GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2,66GHz Socket 1366 Box

Components that I had before.
Graphics: XFX HD5850 Black Edition

Hiper 580W PSU.

Now when I start the computer, all fans are running & all Onboard LED's on the motherboard lights up,
but I get no picture on the screen ..

There is nothing wrong with my monitor it because it worked before I switched parts.
Have tried to test the memories 1 & 1 at a time.
Tested with my old 8800GTS graphics card but no luck.
Disconnected all hard drives & CD-ROM drive.
All power cords (24 & 8-pin) are plugged in on the motherboard.

I get no start-up image or nothing, the screen flashes as if it were in standby.
When I turn the monitor on and off I get a message on the screen that it is looking for either a Analog or Digital output.
No beeps from the motherboard.

Could it be a faulty CPU or a broken motherboard?
Or could it be that I have a weak PSU?

I cannot test with another cpu, psu, motherboard or ram because I have none.

Really grateful for answers!

/ / Eric

speccaN

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010

I did read it but it didn't help me at all.

I found the solution just now though. The ram should be inserted in the three white slots instead of the three blue ones. Now it works perfect

neonred

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
So I recently got a cheap but kickass ASUS H110M-K and Pentium G4560, and new low voltage/low latency DDR4 8GB memory kit. So I Install the CPU, RAM, switch mobos connect both motherboard + cpu power and power switch. Power on no beep and no picture. So I plug in the mouse (UEFI who knows?), switch ram places (only 2 slots) and turn on and BAM a got display; fyi important you use VGA (as it is analog and not digital like everything else). I then noticed I slight burn smell; I had plugged the cpu fan in the case fan header (idiot). Hopefully, it was the fan.

But I was thinking, fuk compatible with 100 series chipset, well fuk that's ancient, god damn it I got old ram and this new mobo has much newer chipset, and the memory say it support XMP 2.0, and the motherboard just XMP, but anyways it all worked out. No beep means not critical issue, then again you wouldn't hear a thing unless you plugged the speaker header which I didn't. This cheap mobo even has LED and above average audio; the perfect cheap mobo.
But the bios is a little convoluted; they made more complicated then it needed to be. The QFAN freeze was because I plugged it in the case header (they look identical and it was the closest to the cpu, but alas the further one was for the cpu. Don't have any additional components plugged in when testing (inc. discreet video card) just power, keyboard, mouse, VGA (integrated graphics). It's always an adventure when there's a few years between each build.