First of all thanks for your prompt response.
I do not overclock, budget for RAM up to $200 (I want 2x4GB). As for GSkill, I did see (on Newegg) that people have used that brand with this particular MoBo. But then when I went on GSkill website, they didn't list that MoBo whatsoever.
I am building this PC primarily for:
- video editing (home movies, etc.)
- heavy audio editing
- some light to medium game playing
So far these items are sitting in my Newegg cart/wish list:
- AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz
- ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 MoBo
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700 700W
- SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100283VX-2L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support ...
- Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
- COOLER MASTER Centurion 590
- ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
- Viewsonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" HD LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
(this is what I initially selected)