I am a newbie here. Building my very first desktop. Can anyone tell me if which RAM would be compatible with ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 motherboard? ASUS is of no help, just telling me to check on RAM manufacturer's website. Visited many RAM manufacturers' sites (GSkill, Patriot, Corsair, GEIL, Mushkin, etc.), haven't found one who shows that mobo in their compatibility chart.
Any help? I heard GSkill Ripjaws are compatible, but GSkill website doesn't list that mobo.
I do not overclock, budget for RAM up to $200 (I want 2x4GB). As for GSkill, I did see (on Newegg) that people have used that brand with this particular MoBo. But then when I went on GSkill website, they didn't list that MoBo whatsoever.
I am building this PC primarily for:
- video editing (home movies, etc.)
- heavy audio editing
- some light to medium game playing
So far these items are sitting in my Newegg cart/wish list:
- AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz
- ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 MoBo
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700 700W
- SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100283VX-2L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support ...
- Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
- COOLER MASTER Centurion 590
- ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner
- Viewsonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" HD LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
(this is what I initially selected)
Well it doesn't show your motherboard but if you look closely it says
AMD 890 Series(Same goes for your motherboard which is 880G)
AMD 790 Series
AMD 785 Series
Sometimes,you may not find your motherboard in the support list but it will work fine without any problems.