Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte P35 no longer stores Overclock

Last response: in Overclocking
November 21, 2012 3:22:34 PM

I've recently run into a problem where my system is refusing to boot correctly when applying an overclock. I have previously been running my E8400 at a stable 3.6Ghz for quite a while until a recent restart and now everytime I apply the overclock again I can't boot. The system will post and then pretty much immediate crash even if I apply a 0.02Ghz overclock.

What's making this situation more weird is that by using EasyTune6 I can achieve my previously stable overclock without problems. But this isn't ideal as it's screwing up my RAM timings. So why does my computer refuse to boot with this overclock applied in the BIOS but works fine when I apply the settings in windows?

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G, running the bios vision F2 (I've never flashed a new one but the new version don't seem to add anything important anyway).

I've reset the chip to optimum defaults, I've taken the battery out and left the power off to reset the CMOS, I've tried upping the Vcore slightly to give it more juice but it still isn't booting up with my overclock.
November 21, 2012 3:26:01 PM

shroomy89 said:
I've recently run into a problem where my system is refusing to boot correctly when applying an overclock. I have previously been running my E8400 at a stable 3.6Ghz for quite a while until a recent restart and now everytime I apply the overclock again I can't boot. The system will post and then pretty much immediate crash even if I apply a 0.02Ghz overclock.

What's making this situation more weird is that by using EasyTune6 I can achieve my previously stable overclock without problems. But this isn't ideal as it's screwing up my RAM timings. So why does my computer refuse to boot with this overclock applied in the BIOS but works fine when I apply the settings in windows?

http://clip2net.com/clip/m165297/1353518482-clip-201kb.png

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G, running the bios vision F2 (I've never flashed a new one but the new version don't seem to add anything important anyway).

I've reset the chip to optimum defaults, I've taken the battery out and left the power off to reset the CMOS, I've tried upping the Vcore slightly to give it more juice but it still isn't booting up with my overclock.

a c 78 K Overclocking
December 7, 2012 8:02:38 PM

probable sign that your mobo is saying farewell to you. inspect the mobo carefully to see if your mosfets/vrms on the mobo aren't swollen, burnt or even looking off.

see if your mobo battery is working properly as well.
!