Solved

Onboard audio fried?

My MSI motherboard recently ceased to produce audio from any of the line outputs. Using the headphone jack located in the front, audio still works fine. This happened once I powered down my computer and shut off the power supply in order to install a new hard drive. Once turned back on, there was no sound. Realtek audio manager can still detect the presence of which input is being used when I plug in any audio cable. Thinkin that I'm SOL and will have to buy a new sound card to replace the onboard audio. Is there anything I am overlooking or can do to fix this?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about onboard audio fried
  1. Best answer
    What "new hardware" did you install?

Open the Device Manager, expand [X] Sound, Video and game controllers..., right-click and uninstall ALL items, and restart {this will reinstall the drivers and "hopefully" correct the corruption. If it is a conflict then you may need to go to both the "new hardware" and MOBO website and install the latest drivers.
  2. Best answer selected by L1n3arA.
  3. jaquith said:
    What "new hardware" did you install?

Open the Device Manager, expand [X] Sound, Video and game controllers..., right-click and uninstall ALL items, and restart {this will reinstall the drivers and "hopefully" correct the corruption. If it is a conflict then you may need to go to both the "new hardware" and MOBO website and install the latest drivers.

I installed a new Hard Drive, as I said in my original post :) Ended up re-installing the realtek drivers and everything now works just fine. Thanks for the advice. This site is awesome as usual!
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Audio Motherboards