Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Onboard audio fried?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 26, 2010 11:59:11 PM

My MSI motherboard recently ceased to produce audio from any of the line outputs. Using the headphone jack located in the front, audio still works fine. This happened once I powered down my computer and shut off the power supply in order to install a new hard drive. Once turned back on, there was no sound. Realtek audio manager can still detect the presence of which input is being used when I plug in any audio cable. Thinkin that I'm SOL and will have to buy a new sound card to replace the onboard audio. Is there anything I am overlooking or can do to fix this?

More about : onboard audio fried

Best solution

a c 715 V Motherboard
September 27, 2010 12:43:03 AM

What "new hardware" did you install?

Open the Device Manager, expand [X] Sound, Video and game controllers..., right-click and uninstall ALL items, and restart {this will reinstall the drivers and "hopefully" correct the corruption. If it is a conflict then you may need to go to both the "new hardware" and MOBO website and install the latest drivers.
September 27, 2010 1:04:29 AM

Best answer selected by L1n3arA.
September 27, 2010 1:08:12 AM

jaquith said:
What "new hardware" did you install?

Open the Device Manager, expand [X] Sound, Video and game controllers..., right-click and uninstall ALL items, and restart {this will reinstall the drivers and "hopefully" correct the corruption. If it is a conflict then you may need to go to both the "new hardware" and MOBO website and install the latest drivers.

I installed a new Hard Drive, as I said in my original post :)  Ended up re-installing the realtek drivers and everything now works just fine. Thanks for the advice. This site is awesome as usual!
!