Your question

Packard Bell IMEDIA X2414 Woes

Tags:
  • Packard Bell
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 23, 2010 9:32:31 PM

Hello,

My computer started hanging up after being on for 5-10 minutes but now it will not start at all. All I get is a whirring of fans on the CPU and PSU and a red light on the on/off button. This lasts for 4-5 seconds and turns off.

I tried reseating the RAM and adding heat sink past between the sink and the CPU. I tightened the heat sink as much as possible.

I replaced the PSU, but failed to realise when I brought it that it did not have a connector on it for my nvidea graphics card. Nonetheless, I attached all the other connectors and turned the power on. This time a continuous beep and a red light and the fans whirring.

I then disconnected the graphics card and tried again and this time just get the red light and whirring of fans again.

What would you suggest now? Is it a motherboard issue or is there something else I am missing?

Any help will be greatfully received.

More about : packard bell imedia x2414 woes

October 5, 2010 11:32:45 AM

Hello

I have recently experienced the exact same problem on this model,power on,fan whirrs for 3 seconds then dead. did you manage to fix the problem and was it the motherboard?